Grants:Project/Rapid/Grants:Project/Rapid/Semana i Migración Musical
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve recorded musical content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? We are inviting a musical group based in Ecatepec, State of Mexico for several informative and recording sessions with students of Tec de Monterrrey. The process will be similar to what we did last year (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Semana_i_Fall_2016_Wiki_Grabac%C3%ADon_(traditional_music)) but this time with a cross-border focus.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have made contact with several people at Wikimedia Commons.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I, along with music production director Alejandro Saenz, did this project last year and learned immensely from the experience. We also have many students at the campus who have worked with Wiki in one form or another.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The Tec de Monterrey has professional studio facilities. Musicians will bring their own instruments.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The recordings will continue to be edited in classes in musical production
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 1
- Number of participants 30
- Number of new editors 6
- Number of of articles created or improved Minimum of three pieces of music with corresponding scores
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 2000 MXN (Mexican pesos) - Presentación by Professor José Luis Flores of Universidad Iberoamericana the migrant population from the Huasteca region to Mexico City and their music
- 4000 MXN for Diego Torres of the Berklee College of Music for technical advice during the week - the recording of folk music is diffrent than modern pop. Our program only works with the latter
- 6000 MXN - Travel expenses for the volunteer musicians (they are a professional band of Huasteca music) and their equipment
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!