Grants:Project/Rapid/Houssem Abida/MedinaPedia Sfax
Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- Digitize the informations about the historical monuments of the medina of Sfax
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- Digitize the printed documents and the architectural plans pf the buildings of the medina of Sfax because it is not done by the institutions there. Also, we will take photos of the monuments and share them on the platform so that people can discover them as most of them are closed or access is not allowed.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- We will organize monthly meetings with the participate to train them on using the wikimedia tools and make updates of the project.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- The camera will be shared between the participants whenever they need it while the scanner device will be kept in the office of Carthagina board members.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- The scanner will be used by the coordinator of the project Houssem Abida and the board members of Carthagina, while the camera will be used by all the selected participants of the project. The equipment will be used during the whole period of the project which is about two years.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The amount we are asking for will cover not only the camera and the scanner, but also all the logistic expenses to organize the monthly workshops (food, drinks, transportation,etc).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
- Number of articles created/improved
- Number of watchers
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The project is organized by Carthagina association that works on promoting the Tunisian cultural heritage. We are going first to scan all the documents exisiting about the buidings of the medina of Sfax, then recruit volunteers and train them on using Wikimedia tools so that they can write articles and upoload photos on the platform.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- A scanner: 1000 Tunisian dinars
2000 Tunisian dinars 1000 For workshop expenses
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support MedinaPedia is an ambitious project and deserves to be iterated. --Meriem Mach (talk) 23:13, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support I've been working with Houssem in MedinaPedia Tunis in the past 2 years. He is a serious, ambitious, and hard-working man. As it for the MedinaPedia, I am very optimistic about this idea knowing that our project made huge success. We wrote over 400 articles in multiple languages, and we uploaded more than 2000 pictures in Commons. That is why I totally support idea to spread the MedinaPedia concept in other areas in Tunisia, it will generates good results only. --Youssef Ben Haj Yahia (talk) 13:30, 26 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Sfax is elected capital of Islamic and Arabic culture because it contains hundreds of monuments. Using QRpedia in the medina old town of sfax will valorize these monuments. Also, you can imagine the number of new contributors acquired during Wikipedia workshops. So I strongly support this project. --Sami Mlouhi (talk) 14:10, 26 July 2017 (UTC)