Grants:Project/Rapid/Jojit fb/2nd Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Pangasinan
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are doing an edit-a-thon at Lingayen, Pangasinan, Philippines on March 25, 2017. It will be a whole day event that will focus on teaching new editors about Wikipedia and other related projects as well as improve and create content in the Pangasinan Wikipedia and the Ilokano Wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- There are already invited participants as mobilized by the Pangasinan Wikipedia Community with the help of the Pangasinan Provincial Government. The expected number of people to come is around 35. Relevant Wikimedia communities were informed about this event at their respective notice boards. Here are the links of those notices:
- Pangasinan Wikipedia - pag:Wikipedia:Pwerta na Komyunidad#North Luzon Edit-a-thons
- Ilokano Wikipedia - ilo:Wikipedia:Dap-ayan/Nadumaduma#North Luzon Edit-a-thons
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. There are three experienced Wikimedia editors from Manila who will join the activity and they are Jojit Ballesteros (User:Jojit fb), Bel Ballesteros (User:Billie bb) and Joel Encinas (User:Jewel457). They will give introduction to Wikipedia and other related projects before facilitating the actual edit-a-thon. Aside from editing Wikipedia, these people has experience in conducting edit-a-thons and workshops that they have been doing across the Philippines since 2011.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants will bring their respective laptops and books for reference. We also encouraged them to bring their personal wireless internet modem. Nevertheless, the Pangasinan Wikipedia community and the veteran Wikimedia editors will provide five wireless internet modems. Each of those five modems are equipped with prepaid mobile cellular SIM. The proponent of this grant proposal shall request through this rapid grant, a budget to load internet credits for those SIMs.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The organizers will collect email address, Wikimedia user names and other contact details of the attendees. The Pangasinan Wikipedia Community headed by Vanj Padilla (User:Vanjpadilla) shall take note of this and shall engage them through their contact details.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This serves as the second edit-a-thon in North Luzon following the 2014 Pangasinan Wikipedia Edit-a-thon that was organized by the Pangasinan Wikipedia Community.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of bytes contributed: 21,000 bytes
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prepaid internet load = PHP 100 x 5 modems = PHP 500 (USD 10)
- Swags = PHP 100 x 40 participants and organizers = PHP 4000 (USD 80)
- Food and drink = PHP 125 x 40 participants and organizers = PHP 5000 (USD 100)
- Bus travel expense of three veteran Wikimedia editors from Manila = PHP 1000 x 3 persons = PHP 3000 (USD 60)
Total = PHP 12500 (USD 250) (Note: 1 USD = PHP 50)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!