Grants:Project/Rapid/M-Mustapha/Wikipedia 20 Celebration in Kaduna
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- We are planning to hold a get-together Meetup (first in a while), workshop and celebrate Wikipedia 20th anniversary
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes! They have the necessary equipment and skills, and a training workshop would be conducted for potential new users joining
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- All generated files, documents etc will be published on Commons and a report page would be created here on meta in order to document the event
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes! Here is the link to our risk assessment protocol Google sheet/HA UG Wikipedia 20th anniversary
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 20
- Number of new participants: 10
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 5
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable):
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable):
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and refreshment=365
- Hall rental - 263
- Promotional materials, tags and Fliers = 150
- Wikipedia branded shirts for first 10 new users and 5 for facilitators= 175
- Internet and Communication= 100
- Social media ads and promotion =30
- Birthday Cake=66
- Transport and logistics= 150
- Projector, laptops and camera rental = 200
- Contest prizes
- 1st winner: Infinix smartphone = 200
- 2nd winner: Tecno smart phone = 180
- 3rd winner: External hard drive + charger. 110
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.