Grants:Project/Rapid/Marajozkee/Wikipedia 20th celebration the way I & my family feels
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- I am planning to celebrate Wikipedia's 20th birthday in unique ways. Though the primary objective of the campaign is to celebrate Wikipedia’s 20th birthday along with to promote further awareness of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. To sum up the campaign, there will be two segments: The first segment, where we will be inviting wikip(m)edians to be creative-- create any audio (song, poem, story-telling), video (song, poem, story-telling), photograph (celebration), illustration (poster, drawing) to celebrate Wikipedia20 birthday, "the way you feel". Any participant who participates in our celebration will be evaluated with certain criteria and will receive a token of appreciation. This is not a competition but more like a celebration.
- The second segment will be titled, “Celebrating Wikipedia’s birthday with family”, where we will request wikip(m)edians to come up with a small video (max.120 seconds) presentation involving family members, where they will speak about your involvement in Wikipedia, top 3 wittiest videos will win a token of appreciation, wrapping up the celebration by saying "the way I and my family feels".
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, I do have experience in organizing Wiki events.
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, almost every participants will be experienced Wikip(m)edians.
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- I will be do my best to reach out, promoting through various mailing lists, User Groups talk pages, using various social media platforms which include Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram. A dedicated event page will be created for more details.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- Creative contents will be uploaded on Wikimedia Commons and shared across social media platforms.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- No, it is not an in-person event.
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Creative contents will be uploaded on Wikimedia Commons under a CC BY-SA free license(with prior permission of the author).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants:50
- Number of new participants:25
- Number of people who will help organize the event:4
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable):0
- Number of contents uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable):20
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable):0
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, I will run a survey post the event, to understand what went right, what can be improved, and how we can replicate such event in future celebrations.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I, myself and dedicated wikip(m)edians.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Token of appreciation ($10 each) x 40* = $400
- Poster calendars = $210
- Shipping charges = $100*
Total budget = $710
- Total cost of shipping charges may vary.
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.
- SupportNawaraj Ghimire (talk) 14:07, 16 December 2020 (UTC)