Grants:Project/Rapid/Morgan State Art+Feminism
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are hosting one editathon, which will include a training based on Art+Feminism's training materials.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We have publicized the event using a flyer on Morgan's campus as well.
We will also have Brittany Oliver, the founder of Not Without Black Women, give a talk framing the day. She will discuss the under representation of black women on Wikipedia and in the media as well as talk about the state of black women in Baltimore.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we will have 2 experienced Wikipedians present.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We have more than 30 desktop computers reserved for participants. We also have excellent WI-FI available in the Communications building, where the event will take place.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will thank participants on their Talk pages after the event and invite them to continue editing. We will also run a survey to learn what went well, what could be improved, and gauge interest in future editathons.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 20-30
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 2 experienced Wikipedians who will organize the event and provide training and one-on-one support. The venue, technology, and WI-FI are provided free of charge."
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $200
- Speaker honorarium = $200
- Supplies (name tags, printing costs, etc.) = $0 (can be included in school's budget)
Total = $400 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!