Grants:Project/Rapid/North is not nut(Nigeria) Photowalk
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To increase or improve images on Wikimedia Common
- To recruit new contributors and editors to Wikimedia Commons
- To provide images that complement articles that already exist but without images
- Engage existing editors
- To add freely licensed, and quality images of norther Nigeria rich monuments and relics to Wikimedia Commons
- To engage new and existing members of the Nigerian community
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We intend to have one (1) photo-expeditions in each three northern states (Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateue; the three states are chosen as they represent each Nigeria geographic location)and an upload session/edit-a-thon at each respectively states, we anticipate a total of 10 - 30 volunteer professional photographers for each state. The three photo-expeditions will cover the regions around Kuduna, Bauchi and Plateu state that have most of natural their monuments and relics uncovered and then an upload/edit-a-thon session will afford many the opportunity to upload the pictures taken while we try to put articles or improve already existing articles about the various scenery visited.
- Photo-expedition to Kaduna state - This will cover all the major monumental and historic sites like Kajuru Castle, The Nok Village, Emir of Zazzau palace and many more.
- Photo-expedition to Bauchi state - This will cover all the major monumental sites and historic like Paliyaram Hill, Dukkey Wells and many more.
- Photo-expedition to Plateu state - This will cover all the major monumental sites and historic like Riyom Rock Formation, Wase Rocks and many more.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The main purpose for the photo-expedition will be geared towards acquiring pictures of monuments in the northern Nigeria as it is the main focus of the campaign. However other pictures of historical benefits and usefulness will be captured as these are likely to be gotten at the places of visit.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We intend to host an edit-a-thon/upload session where pictures taken will be uploaded. we also intend to put a cash reward to any photographer with the most uploaded pictures of the walk. Also information from visited site will be used in writing new articles or improving existing articles. Articles that already exist but have no pictures too will be furnished with adequate pictures.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are professional volunteer photographers from each state and hence have the necessary equipment to contribute high quality images.
- I also as a professional photographer will be participating along with other team members.
- Also we will be having local mappers and guide we will help to pinpoint each location.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- If this go through, this will be the first time a photo expedition will be staged at the desired locations and hence will fill the gap of articles lacking images of northern Nigeria.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- 10 participants each, for a trip
- 40 people participating remotely
- 500 photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- At least 10% of photos used on Wikimedia projects
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Kaizenify - An experienced photographer and Wikimedian in the Nigerian Community who has helped organizeed several photo projects for the community which include wiki loves earth, wiki photo tour and many more.
- (Olaniyan Olushola - An experienced wikimedia editor who is the president of wikimedia usergroup Nigeria will be coordinating the edit-a-thons training and giving directions.
- (Olufemi Simeon Adeniyi- providing logisitcs
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S. No.||Item description||Nos. of Unit||Unit cost||Total NGN||Total NGN||Total USD||Description|
|1||Transportation(car hire and fueling)||1||150000||150000||493.4||This will cover the transport expenses to the states.|
|2||Accommodation for four nights||4||32000||128000||421.05||Accommodation for a discounted rate of 10,000NGN and also the location for the edit-a-thon|
|3||Food||4||8000||32000||105.26||meal of 2000NGN per member per day|
|4||Communication (Internet and Recharge)for edit-a-thon session||2||15000||30000||98.68|
|5||Photo walk||1||85000||85000||279.60||This will cover water refreshment during the walk and also offer certificates to all photographers involved couple with a 20000NGN voucher for the most uploaded pictures contributor.|
|6||Miscellaneous(calculated as 5% of total amount)||21,250||69.90|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!