Grants:Project/Rapid/Obihoja/Permanent Secretaries and Directors General/Training
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: we will bring new civil servants to become editors
- Increase skills for existing editors: we will improve skill of even the existing editors
- Add or improve content: Content about the heads of government ministries and agencies will be added
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- we intend to do 5 edit a thon and training. Each edit a thon will be preceded by a short training for new participants
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have announced this application in Igbo Wikimedia village pump. The link is https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Nz%E1%BB%8Dr_ogbako#Improving_the_translation_support_for_the_Igbo_Wikipedia
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will communicate physically as the office of most intended participants is in the same Federal Secretariat Abuja as my office. i will also use social media mainly whatsapp to keep in touch with them
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes. They include User:Oby Ezeilo User:Anurikaonu
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some participants have equipment while others may not have. i intend to provide what they do not have to them
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will continue to meet and communicate in the social media and email
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- it will be an in-person event but the participants at every event will not be up to 10 persons
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 5
- Number of participants 30
- Number of new editors 4
- Number of of articles created or improved 130
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Some of the participants have laptops. I also have a subscription of data that I believe will be sufficient for the project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hire of a spacious meeting room 115 X 5 = 575
- Hire of Laptops: 3 X 40 X 5 = 600
- Food and Drink: 90 X 5 = 450
- Local transportation: 120
- Wiki branded merchandize: 150
- Total = $ 1895 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Permanent Secretaries are the heads of civil servants in every ministry and most influential in policy formulation of the ministry and the Federal Government. I support Tyler1555 (talk) 18:01, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- It will be good for information on Directors General to be on wikidata. As heads of Federal Government parastatals, they shape the policies of government in different sectors. I support Alheri ri (talk) 07:09, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- I support. this will help us to participate and learn more Adele1444 (talk) 21:18, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Anurikaonu (talk) 15:11, 17 May 2021 (UTC)