Grants:Project/Rapid/Packa/Czech Mediagrant project in Armenia
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Show to CEE Meeting participants how a successful Czech project can be used in another country.
- Attract other chapters to organize a similar project.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- There is a very successful Mediagrant project in the Czech Republic. One of its parts is Documentation of Czech Municipalities, whose aim is to add at least a few photographs to any article on a Czech village which lacks photo documentation. My idea is to show this project “live” at the CEE Meeting in Armenia.
- Before the CEE Meeting, I would like to photograph about ten Armenian villages, for instance between Yerevan and Dilijan (the CEE Meeting venue), then process the photos, upload them to Commons and add them to articles in Armenian Wikipedia (and if applicable to other wikis). I can accomplish all the above mentioned with the help of one of Armenian wikipedian only.
- Finally, I will prepare a presentation for the CEE meeting participants to show them “live” how the project works.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Presentation at the CEE Meeting
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 2
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 10-15
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): at least 50
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): about 25
- (These numbers are not the primary goal of this grant; the goal is the presentation.)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- To achieve the goal, I need the help of one of Armenian wikipedians – I am already in contact with Susanna Mkrtchyan, chair of the Armenian chapter.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Staying at a hotel for a maximum of 5 days – AMD 100,000
- Renting a car for 2 days (or using the taxi or a private car) – maximum of AMD 50,000
- Parking and similar fees, Internet access, assurance, minor unplanned expenses – maximum AMD 30,000
(Airplane ticket and hotel during the CEE Meeting will be funded by Wikimedia Czech Republic.)