Grants:Project/Rapid/Providing Computer to school
- Add or improve content in Telugu wikipedia
- Recruit new editors into Wikimedia projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- Since the school doesn’t have Computer. I’ll buy 2-3 PCs with the grant and will make students edit in them. I’ve already introduced wikipedia to some of the students.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- I’ll make them translate many articles from English to Telugu.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- Since it is a school, the equipment is cared by the staff. Students may share the computer one by one.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- The PC will be used for atleast 3 years by students and staff for editing Wikipedia
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Since it is a school and my mother works there. I can ensure that you can get max possible translations and articles from them, i.e., atleast 10-20 article creations and 100-200 edits per month.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
- Number of articles created/improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The Pricipal of this school is free to help in terms of additional funding i.e., internet bills, electricity etc.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 2 Laptop computer worth 37,500 each
- 3 Desktop computers worth 25,000 each
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!