Grants:Project/Rapid/Shiv's fotografia/Wiki Loves Eastern Ghats
as of 15:31, 16 January 2019 (UTC)
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Upload 1000 images to Wikimedia Commons
- Improve the content of 500 articles by adding these images.
I am a professional wildlife photographer & Wikimedian from Hyderabad, India. I aim to use innovation and technology to achieve fresh perspectives in my work & through World Photography Lovers. I am passionate about wildlife conservation. Through my work, I Have added more than 300 images on Wikimedia Commons, my aim is to upload more than 1000+ High-resolution photos of different species of flora and fauna on Commons and use them on Wikipedia articles. Which can be helpful for future wildlife photographers & researchers to get relevant information about the species.
Mostly which I have observed day by day people are using Wikipedia to get such information about species. My work will be to document the flora and fauna of Eastern Ghats, bearing such geographical importance and is home to 100s of rare species, it is one of the less documented areas on Commons.
Participate in community activities like meetups and conferences with both Odia and Telugu community, teach them how to click good images and ask them to use the images to create or improve articles in their local Wikipedia.
- Telangana - Ameenpur Lake, Edulabad Lake, Nehru Zoological Park, Osmansagar Lake, Anna Sagar Lake. Patencheru, Shamirpet Lake, Durgam Cheruvu, Ananathagari Hills, Edulabad Lake, Narsapur.
- Andhra Pradesh - Coringa WLS, Kolleru, Nellapattu WLS, Rollapadu WLS
- Maharastra - Tadoba National Park, Pench National Park
- Gujarat - Gir Forest National Park, Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Gir Wildlife Sanctuary & National Parks
- Odisha- Koraput, Jaypur, Similiguda, Sunabeda, Deomali, Rani Duduma
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 2
- Number of participants - 20
- Number of new editors - 0
- Number of articles created or improved - 1000
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 0
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have my own camera, laptop, and photo editing software and the Internet to upload the images on Commons
- I will arrange my own travel to document these places.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- A Nikon telephoto lens of 500-600mm :I need to be in a safe distance away from the intended target. A telephoto lens that allows me to shoot up to 500mm or 600mm and a zoom range is a good lens. Clicking photos during an expedition is always different than clicking photos at festivals or social events. You may have the best digital camera for wildlife photography, but you definitely need some solid equipment to do justice to your passion for wildlife photography.
- Budget Details
- Nikon Lens - Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR Lens - 92,000/-
- Nikon DSLR camera - Nikon D7500 -83,999.00/-
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- --Kritzolina (talk) 21:13, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- Volunteer Yes if I get this opportunity I will be honoured and I can provide 1000s of photographs which can be helpful to Biodiversity and wildlife researchers. 220.127.116.11 14:10, 1 January 2019 (UTC)