Grants:Project/Rapid/TZA&CCTz/ Wikicommons & Licence Workshop
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will do one Editathon.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use both Creative Commons and Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania social media pages to let the participants know about the event.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, there are at least 10 experienced editors from both Creative Commons and Wikimedia Tanzania group combinedly.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of them has some skills while others doesn’t have.The session will be as inclusive as possible to both to ensure everyone understands the training.Participants will be asked to come with their own laptops.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will register to attend the event, hence their contacts will be stored for follow up and update purposes.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This event will be useful as it will be as a follow up to the training which Asaf and Woubzena conducted during East Africa Training in April 2019.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events=1
- Number of participants=35
- Number of new editors=5
- Number of of articles created or improved= At Least 10 files to be uploaded to Wikicommons
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Antoni Mtavangu-Project Manager
- Aris Kimaro-Event Organizer
- Emmanuel Malongo-Project Moderator
- Paul Mandele-Project Facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
1 USD =2,288.57 TZS as of 13 November 2019 
- Food, snacks and drinks 40 people @8USD =320
- Internet 1@30USD=30 USD
- Stationery 1@50USD=50 USD
- Local Transport 1@315=315 USD
- Long distance transport with Accommodation 3@60USD=180 USD
- Event Facilitation(camera and projector rent,communication,emergency,Logistics & Bank rates )1@200USD=200USD
- TOTAL=1095 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!