Grants:Project/Rapid/Thuso/Wikimedia Community User Group Botswana/Monthly meetup
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Our monthly meetups will involves basic training and editathons (4 Months)
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Through our community Website on meta, Wikimedia CUG Botswana
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. Volunteers who do not have their working laptops will borrow from others.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will carry on through social media, for instance via Community group page on facebook
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Wikimedia CUG Botswana is a newly recognised affiliate, therefore we need more assistance to conduct a series of events in order to grow our community more.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- If 4 meetups are organized
- If at least 10 people participates
- If at least 2 new editors are recruited per meetup
- If at least 5 new articles are created and 5 existing articles improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the estimated budget per meetup:
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Cost per workshop|
(Sumtotal : 290 USD)
|1||Space (Conf room)||1||free||free||free||free|
|1||Alternative power supply||2||2||45||90|
|3||Wifi||1 (at the venue)||2||35||70|
The above budget table summarize the cost per meetup. Therefore, the cost for four months would be: (USD $1160 )
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!