Grants:Project/Rapid/Trainings and Editathons on Gungbe Wikipedia in Ouémé, Benin Republic
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 6 trainings and editathons
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the Gungbe Wikimedians User Group and Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will inform them on Gungbe Wikimedians Facebook Page and other gungbe speakers facebook group page. I will also paste notifications on the different whatsApp group of Ouémé resident that I am part of. I will reach out to community heads(gbetatogan), youth associations and high schools in Ouémé to inform them.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, participants will be literate gungbe speakers with mobile phones or laptops. Where any participant does not have a device to contribute, laptops will be provided.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will be added to a WhatsApp group and assigned to experienced editors to guide them. Post event google meet will be held to discuss progress with participants. Articles to translate from the French Wikipedia will also be shared on the WhatsApp group and the participants will be encourage to post questions.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This event will also be used to discuss about other Wikimedia projects to participants.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 6
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Misteld, I am an experienced native gungbe speaker and a gungbe wikipedia editor. I will be leading and facilitating the event. I will also facilitate communications with the communities where gungbe is spoken in Ouémé department.
- User:Samatics, He is a sysop on guwwiki and he is an experienced wikimedian. He will assist in facilitating the event and help on project management.
- User:Gadarawamo, As an experienced gungbe editor, He will help in facilitating the event and provide logistics.
- User:Sagbosam, He will serve as a facilitator and also help on communications.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Event Space rental: $150 x 6 = $900
- Food and Refreshment: $15 x 20 x 6 = $ 1,800
- Router rental = $25 x 6 = $150
- Internet Subscription on Router = $25 x 6 = $150
- Projector rental = $50 x 6 = $300
- Internet subscription on participant devices: $10 x 20 = $200
- Branded T-shirt for organizers and Top 3 participants: $15 x 7 = $105
- Souvenirs for all participants: $12 x 20 = $240
- Local transport for facilitators: $40 x 4 x 6 = $960
- Contingency: $50
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!