Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
YES we are happy :)
This is the Algeria is the Sixth participation of the International Wiki Loves monuments.
This year, WikiDZ has targeted three points:
- Add and improve content (Quality photo of existing monuments in Algeria)
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
We have multiplied our efforts to break a record since the group's first participation in this competition.
- We have been better than the all participation in this contest.
- best MENA country by uploaded photos.
- we collected photos of better quality.
- we exceeded the 1500 pictures with more new participants
Please report on your original project targets. Wiki loves statistics in Algeria
|Contest year||Uploads||Images used in the wikis||Uploaders||Uploaders registered after competition start|
|Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 Algeria||1682||64 (3%)||145||126(86%)|
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants : 50||126||Social Media (FB, Insta, Twitter) advertising and the prizes attracted new uploaders|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons between: 300||1682||we think we have achieved our goals thanks to the photo walks and advertising on Social Media|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 30 (10%)||64(3%)||without any intervention on our part
there was a good estimate of 3%
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- - In addition to wikimedia project banner supports the Social media (Facebook twitter and Instagram) was worked well to promote the contest
- - We have completed and corrected the list of monuments in the wikipedia Arabic and French and English (translation)
- - Photos walk are a success
- What did not work so well?
- -The delay of reception of Grants in October, at the end of the contest, urges us to lend funds to launch the contest
- What would you do differently next time?
- - Apply to the grant 2 months before the competition
- - We plan to distribute small gifts to the jury team
- - We plan to change the destination of the photo walk to different historical sites
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
The usergroup recieved $ 1 324,19 into 1,751.90 CAD that amount was changed into local curency DZD 160 002,55 . The rate was DZD 1 = $0.00834 in october.
- Total grant to spend $1 752,39
|Num||Item||Total In local Curency|
|01||Social Media Promotion||9 905,05 DZD|
|02||Expo photo||12 850,00 DZD|
|03||T-Chirt||20 000,00 DZD|
|04||Break for Ceremony Closing||10 500,00 DZD|
|05||Communications||6 100,00 DZD|
|06||Upload session||6 000,00 DZD|
|07||Diploma for winners||3 780,00 DZD|
|08||Photo Walk in Oran||10 400,00 DZD|
|09||Photo Walk In Mostaganem||3 050,00 DZD|
|10||Awards 1st||50 000,00 DZD|
|11||Awards 2nd||30 000,00 DZD|
|12||Awards 3rd||1 000,00 DZD|
|13||Awards Best Quality Uploader||20 000,00 DZD|
|14||Miscellaneous||15 890,00 DZD|
|Total||208 475,05 DZD|
|04||Break for Ceremony Closing WLE||4 500,00 DZD||$38,52|
|Grant||205 500,00 DZD||$1 713,87|
|Total Grant||210 000,00 DZD||$1 752,39|
|Total Remain||1 524,95 DZD||$12,75|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Thus, the RG WLE 2018 and WLA 2018 were consumed by spending all the remaining funds, as shown above
$12,75 Will Be added to during WLA 2018 Algeria
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Expo Photo WLM 2018 WLE2018 Oran
WLM 2018 Photo Walk Oran City Algeria
WLM 2018 Photo Walk Mostaganem City Algeria
Winners of Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in Algria - Best 10 images from the contest
"La Grande Poste d'Alger" by Chettouh Nabil
"Roman ruins of Djmila" by alioueche mokhtar
"Kasr mechouar" by Abderrahmane boudjenane
"Notre Dame d'Afrique" by Chettouh Nabil
"Ras El Afia" by alioueche mokhtar
"Ksar Taghit" by Chettouh Nabil
"Basilique saint augustin Annaba" by alioueche mokhtar
"The casbah is deteriorating" by MohAdm
"Beni Hammad Fort" by Si20u
"Place des martyres Alger" by Firaspict