Hi, Great11 and bachounda, thank you for submitting this final report and your expense documentation. I have reviewed the report and am accepting it now. I have emailed you with one question about the expense documentation, but I should be able to accept that once it is resolved.
Comments and Questions
- Congratulations on such a successful WLM this year! The photos you shared are beautiful—they make me want to visit Algeria!
- Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay of the grant. We are doing our best to review grant applications in a more timely manner, but applying two months ahead of a planned event (or having flexible event dates) is a great way to ensure that we have plenty of time to review applications and grant funds reach you in time.
- The social media advertising you did seemed to make a big difference in participation. Do you feel that increasing the number of participants also resulted in a higher quality of submissions, or just a greater quantity?
- It can be challenging to get images used in articles, and we recognize that it sometimes takes time for images to be integrated into articles. However, it's our hope that a higher percentage of images from contests end up being used in articles. What do you think you could do differently in future contests to ensure that more than 3 percent of images are used?
- Please edit the "Remaining funds" section of the report with a request of how you would like to use the $12.75 USD leftover from this grant. You have three options for your remaining funds:
- You can submit another rapid grant request and deduct these funds from that grant, if approved. The new grant request would need to be submitted within 30 days, and would need to meet all the requirements of a rapid grant, including the $500 USD minimum
- If you are not planning another project in the near future, you can ask to keep the funds and use them for mission-aligned activities.
- You can also return the funds to WMF. However, given the small amount of money left, I would recommend one of the previous two choices.
Thank you for all your hard work on this grant, and for sharing what you learned with WMF and the community. I will post a comment here once the expense documentation is also accepted. After that, once we decide what to do with the remaining funds this grant is complete.