Grants:Project/Rapid/WikiDonne/La mujer que nunca conosciste 2017 Rome/Reallocation/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Absolutely yes, we meet our goal and I am very happy for that. Our goal was to revitalize the Women in Sport project, involving wikipedians and writing quality contents. And all this was done.
Please report on your original project targets.
- Project metrics
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||1 event||Concorso "Sport femminile" - Women in sports contest|
|15 participants||17 participants||12 editors (1 not registred), 5 members of the jury|
|60 articles created or improved||190 total||137 new articles + 53 improved article|
|3 wikipedians with experience in the jury||5 wikipedians with experience in the jury||we had 5 members in the jury (Blackcat, Geoide, Postcrosser, Ruthven, Supernino) instead of 3 (Sannita, Blackcat, Barbaking)|
|some photo about female sport in Commons||> 30 new uploads in Commons||we had photos about all ACF Brescia Femminile team in Commons (26 players, 3 coaches, team, logo)|
|some new participant to WikiDonne project||8 new participants to WikiDonne||we started to collaborate with Sport project and decided to organize periodic contests about women in sports|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/online/Concorso_''Sport_femminile'', Outreach tool (copy and paste this url on the browser).
- enthusiasm of Wikipedians from "Sport" project
- the wiki page
- lists of missing articles (divided on sports) and stubs to improve to start with
- enought time to edit
- enought time to evaluate and the check the results
- jury's help not only for evaluation (members of jury helped to count the points, to create tables etc).
- a good discussion about rules (a final model to use on the next contests)
- we started to discuss about introducing the female categories in sport (soon we will start a survey)
- photos about all ACF Brescia Femminile team players, coaches and logo in CC by SA on Commons
- What did not work so well?
- only a few of wikipedians out of the "Sport" project partecipation
- a lot of wikipedians that said no (criticizing a contest as a way to create content, not interested in evaluating articles, especially about sport)
- What would you do differently next time?
- 1 whole month to write
- we will insist even more on engaging others wikipedians
- more specific theme's contest (one sport at a time)
- give little gadgets to all participants
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
We spend funds in Amazon cards for the 4 prizes.
- 1° prize for an existing user = 100,00 EUR
- 2° prize for an existing user = 75,00 EUR
- 3° prize for an existing user = 50,00 EUR
- 1 extra prize for the best article written by an existing user = 75,00 EUR
Total = 300 EUR
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No, all the funds were spent, we haven't remaining funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Wikipedians who work on Sport project are very good people, so we want to repeat much often this contest, organize it frequentely, is a way to keep interest arround Sport Project. Especially in times when important competitions are taking place (European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships Budapest 2017, EuroBasket Women 2017, UEFA Women's Champions League). One of our participant had contacts with Brescia Calcio Femminile team, convincing the club's leadership to release the photos with free licenses. We hope that other teams can understand that is important for them too, among this the visibility they could gain.