Grants:Project/Rapid/WikiDonne/La mujer que nunca conosciste 2017 Rome
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The content is focused on women and gender gap. Is important to involve women to edit Wikipedia and the others Wikimedia projects.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We have the wiki page and are preparing the Outreach dashboard, the RSVP (Eventbrite event) and Facebook event.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- For the top three prizes, a giury will judge the number of articles writed during the contest. We thought also to 2 extra prizes: one for the best article (to begin a featured or a quality article) and the other one for the best writed article by a new user registered for this contest.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Is not a photo contest
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are a new user group (recognized as affiliated 16th of november 2016) but a lot of women are attracted to what we do. Often they invite us to come in their schools/universities/associations to talk about this project or collaborate with them. So my dream is to start an on road travel all over Italy (WikiDonne on the road), organizing on person editathons, every month in a different city, to revitalize our local community.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants -
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons -
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects -
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of articles created or improved: 60
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We are organizing this event with MACRO - Museum of Contemporary Art in Rome (who kindly provides us with the room, tables and chairs, wifi and the audio installation) and we don't receive any other additional funding. And we have not the video projector.
- Camelia, contest organizer, will prepare the lesson's slides (beginner and intermediate), will do the training lesson, will create contest page (RSPV event on Eventbrite, event page on Facebook, manage the Outreach dashboard), purchase prizes
- Beatrice, will create lists of redlinks, will give answer questions on email and edithon talk page, check scores
- Sannita, will support the partecipants and give technical help on Wikipedia and eventually Wikidata (notability, licenses etc), check scores
- Blackcat, will support the partecipants and give technical help on Commons (licenses, templates etc), purchase prizes
- Barbaking, will support the partecipants and give technical help on Wikipedia (wikification, templates etc), check scores
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need the contest prizes (Amazon cards, for who write a greater number of articles and an extra one for the best article), refreshment (lunch, drinks and coffee) for 30 persons and small printing works (poster, flyers)
- Total funding needed €1100 ($1160):
- for prizes = €600: €150/€100/€50 for top three prizes, adding a €150 extra prize for the best article and another €150 extra prize for the best article for a beginner. All our prizes are given in Amazon cards.
- purchase of a decent video projector to use in all our future events = €200 (we often organize events and without video projector is difficult to do the training lessons and show videos/slides).
- food, drink and coffee = €7 x 30 persons = €210
- Miscellaneous supplies = €90 (printing flyers event etc.)
It would be nice to have a bot to help with scoring. Do you know of someone who can help with this?
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Good for the Italian community to recruit new female contributors: this is a perfect opportunity. Go WikiDonne! Yiyi (talk) 13:33, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Important to increase women's contribution: I consider it a great opportunity for our community. Thanks. Geoide (talk) 16:54, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- appoggio Fatt-1 (talk) 16:01, 9 March 2017 (UTC)