Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikidata of Nigeria Festivals
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content on Nigeria festivals on Wikidata
- Introduce Wikidata to NYSC members posted to Lagos State.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I plan to organize 2 series of editathon/trainings
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed WUGN here
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will let them know through WhatsApp group created for Serving Corp members in each Local Government of the State. I will also post on the Notice board at the state secretariat and on facebook.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, some of the participants have laptops or smartphones. All the participants are computer literate.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will engage them through WhatsApp groups. I will assign every 5 to a breakout whatsapp group where they will be assigned to a mentor(an experienced Wikimedian). I will equally encourage them to follow @WikidataNigeria on twitter where tips will be dropped on editing Wikidata.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I will train new participants on editing before starting each event.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- laptop and smartphone.
- Egiebizzy (coordinator): I will be coordinating the event
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space Rental: $150 x 2 events = $300
- Food and Drinks: $10 x 25 X 2 events = $500
- Camera rental: $25 x 2 events = $50
- Router hire: $25 x 2 events = $50
- Data subscription on router: $50 x 2 events = $100
- Digital Banner: $50
- Branded Nose Mask: $1 x 25 = $25
- Pocket Size hand Sanitizers: $1 x 25 = $25
- Certificate of Participation: $1 x 25 = $25
- Branded Shirts for organizers and top 3 contributors: $12 x 6 = $72
- Gift voucher for top 3 contributor: $100 (first: $50, Second:$30, third:$20)
- Branded souvenirs for all participants and organizers: $8 x 25 = $200
Total = $1,547
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!