Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikipedia 20 Celebration 2021 Bwa
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- Organising a series of edit athorns
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes we have experienced editors
1. Mompati Dikunwane 2. Kabelo Dikai 3. Naomi Moeng
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- They have the skills, and we will train those without skills to gain skills
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- Our events are promoted on social media networks and meta (Whats app and telegram)
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- Taking a survey after the event is over and try to do online trainings for those who will be available to join.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
we are running in person event
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 20 in person and at least 10 virtually.
- Number of new participants:15
- Number of people who will help organize the event:3
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): 30
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- We are going to conduct a survey about the participants learning experience after the event is over.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- we are requesting for funding to cover up for the project costs.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|3 Workshops||space rent for the edit a thorns||150||3||450|
|T-shirts/caps for participants||5||20||100|
|Wikipedia 20 cake and snacks||100||2||200|
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.