Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikipedia Nashik Meetup & Workshops
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Engage new editors and collaboration/Support from different educational institutions of Nashik to engage more school students.
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content of the articles (Both English and Marathi).
- Get a boost for Outreach activities in Nashik.
There is very less awareness about Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons among the people of Nashik, India. To improve this lack of awareness, we are planning a Wikipedia Summit followed by weekly Wikipedia workshops which will take place over a period of 2 months. The workshops will aim to generate interest among students about wikipedia editing and photo uploading.
The weekly workshops will include the following topics:
- Introduction to Wikipedia
- Wikipedia Editing
- Uploading photos on Wikimedia Commons
- Explanation of Wikimedia Sister Projects
- Awareness about Wikipedia mobile app
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
On 26th there would be a city level Wikipedia meet-up and for the next 2 months there would be weekly Wikipedia
workshops which will be conducted by our team.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
Link to community page: https://goo.gl/JzkHYi
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Since 2015 we have been conducting Wikipedia workshops at various places in Nashik.
Recently our team attended the MWT and TTT program held at Pune, Maharashtra.
Since last year, we have been guided by Abhishek Suryawanshi along with Abhinav Srivastava from Wikimedia India chapter for conducting these workshops.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We will provide 10 laptops through educational institute and Participants will bring their own laptops. Internet would be provided by us.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
We will keep in touch with these participants through whatsapp groups and social media. We will keep them updated with latest Wikipedia events and workshops.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 6 Spread over a period of 2 months
- Number of participants: ~7 participants assigned to each experienced team member
- Number of new editors: ~10 per workshop (new editors as in those who will be able to add quality content to Wikipedia or improve the existing articles)
- Number of articles created or improved: 5-10 per Workshop (Mostly we will focus on improving existing articles, adding suitable references etc.)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Wikimedia India Chapter - mentorship
Nashik Municipal Corp - logistic
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|No.||Item||Price||Quantity||Total (INR)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Lunch (During city level meet-up)||Rs. 110||200 People||Rs. 22,000||USD 328|
|2||Hall Rent (meet-up)||Rs. 800/Hr||5 Hr||Will be managed by local sponsors/colleges.|
|3||Food and drinks (6 Workshops)||Rs. 1500||6 Workshops (~ 50 Participants)||Rs. 9000||USD 134||Snacks - per person Rs. 30 for each workshop|
|4||Space Rent (6 Workshops)||Rs. 1300||6 Workshops (~ 50 Participants)||Will be managed by local sponsors/colleges.|
|5||Internet (6 Workshops)||-||-||Will be managed by the team.|
|6||Wikipedia Printed T-shirts (Committee, Volunteer)||Rs. 350||15||Rs. 5250||USD 78|
|7||Certificates||6 Workshops||Rs. 2000||USD 30||Certificates only for Active Participants|
Badges (for Committee, Volunteer & Participant)
Posters for Exhibition
|Rs. 4700||USD 70|
|9||Stationery (Conference notepads and pens)||Rs. 1200||USD 17|
|10||Non expected costs||Rs. 3000||USD 44||This is for other costs that might occur
while organizing the Summit and Workshops.
|Rs. 47150||USD 701||1 USD = 66.7809 INR on 6th June 2016|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support.dusanesurbhi (talk) 01:08, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.Vinitagangurde (talk) 20:11, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.tejgavate (talk) 7.45, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.Neha shah (talk) 02:53, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.Aishwarya Kolapkar (talk) 02:56, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.Santoshi Tiwari (talk) 03:43, 6 June 2016 (UTC)SantoshiWiki
- Support.Mastermindanand (talk) 09:11, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.Abhinav619 (talk) On behalf of Wikimedia India 12:37, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support.Ameya Joshi (talk) 16:52, 18 June 2016 (UTC)