Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikitherapy for psychiatric patients
- Rehabilitation of the mentally ill is a huge challenge for the therapists. In this case, the therapist designs several sessions for stimulating the intellect and increasing the social skills of the patients. This project is about using Wikiquote in a hospital setting as a part of the therapy for individuals with mental illnesses. We need to improve articles in Wikiquote in Spanish because we have only one active editor right now. The goals are recruiting new editors and add content to Wikiquote. I already presented a video showing the whole process during Wikimania 2018.
This course belong to the project Wikitherapy. The works includes sending notifications, meetings with the staff interviewing doctors and psychiatrists to ask referral of patients, developing and managing group in social media to encourage progress and get feedback, making the online follow-up in Wikiquote supervising patients's editions, working with colleagues by attending and participating in departmental meetings, doing metrics, writing the reports, documentating the process, writing a professional paper, editing the video, downloading the photos and uploading them to commons, writing about the course in my blog on WordPress and creating Learning Patterns
- Taking interviews to recruite participants among the patients of the hospital.
- Asking patients or parents or legal tutor's written permission to get data and take photos of the participants.
- Exploring and identifying the interests of the participants, their talents, skills and preferences.
- Choosing or creating multimedia material to use teaching.
- Hands-on introduction to Wikiquote editing.
- Explaining Wikimedia's mission and some of its key features.
- Teaching new users how to create their accounts and to choose an appropriate username.
- Welcoming them on-wiki.
- Explaining what Wikiquote is, what is the Main Page, what is the Community Portal and the Café (like the Village Pump at English Wikiquote), rules like Civility and what is a Category.
- Teaching basics of editing, formatting and explaining how to add citations.
- Teaching them how to post a new topic on the Talk page if they have suggestions for improving an article.
- Teaching them how to send a User Talk message and how to interact with other users, like what is the Noticeboard.
- Teaching some policies, some guidelines for editing articles, what is a link, an internal link and an external link, and a little of the manual of style.
- Creating a list with suggestions of articles to create.
- Teaching how to access the needed information and evaluate its sources critically.
- Teaching etiquette, neutral point of view, some copyright issues and consensus editing.
- Creating small and manageable tasks every class with incremental writing.
- Creating articles in Wikiquote
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Banner at the entrance of the computer laboratory at the hospital, talking with all doctors and nurses and psychologists, Community Portal at Wikiquote, page in Wikiquote and on my blog.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- I will maintain an online accompaniment, monitoring and supervising patients's edition making suggestions to improve their editing.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- At least 4 participants
- At least 12 new articles created.
- At least 6 photos about the course uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
- The creation of a learning pattern.
- The writing of an article for the Wikimedia Foundation's blog.
- The writing of an article for my blog.
The importance of this project does not lie on the number of articles added to Wikiquote but to the social imprint that means the inclusion of this type of people and the increase of visibility, awareness and understanding of the Wikimedia projects among colleagues and professionals.
- I'm a long-term wikimedian, with long experience teaching how to edit. I am a licensed professional psychologist, the Hospital de Emergencias Psiquiátricas Alvear provides a laboratory room with computers. I am only going to charge for my professional fees during workshop hours when the patients attend the course.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Project Leader fees for twenty-four classes of two hours each = 24 x 2 x 40 = U$D 1920
Total amount U$D 1920.
I already have $25 from remaining grant funds.
Total amount U$D 1920 - U$D 25 = U$D 1895.