Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikitswana Ghanzi, Maun and kasane photo journey
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We are going to carry out three (3) tours/walks
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- We are going to focus on talking pictures of Wild-animals, trees and anything that needs to be in commons to improve articles
- Kasane, Maun and Ghanzi are a place of tourism where so many wild animals are,the Okavango delta, and mostly the information about the towns is not available in Wikipedia, so we are going to use the images to write more about them.
Fiona and Fauna
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We plan to create stubs using the images and later a destub-a-thorn event will be conducted.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We have a group camera which we purchased recently and one other camera which is owned by another wikimedian and smart phones.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We have kick started a project of photo shooting dubbed Sekgweng_Forest_photo_shoot
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants 3, after the event we hope to have at least 15 newly registered members.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 40 or more per day each person
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : all of the photos will be uploaded to commons and be used by anyone wishing to improve or start an article.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Participants have 2 cameras (One group camera) and a smart phone with a camera to use when snapping pictures during the photo shoot
We need the following to support us:
- Transport fare break down:
1. 3 participants * 500 = $1500 for transport(this includes the cab fare) and accommodation during the photo tour (This is a return journey amount).
☆Each participant = 500$ for transport and accommodation during the tour, this includes the safari shuttle transport fare. ☆Total participants = 3
2. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner for three participants for 3 tours/walks = $500
Total = $2000
- Thuso Dikunwane
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support We need support to help improve our home wiki user: Mompati Dikunwane
- I Strongly Support We need to improve a lot of Botswana content online using Wikipedia tools, as a new-bi i am really supporting this project user:Sarah_ngwepe
- Support I wish we get support with this in order to continue contributing to Wikimedia and its sister projects Setsile (talk) 15:45, 4 May 2017 (UTC)