Grants:Project/Rapid/camera with good low light capability
- Add new high quality photos to commons to use it in exist/new article.
- Use equipment in several photowalk projects related to Wikimedia.
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- I will use this equipment to shot interiors of heritage buildings or museums and places with very low lights. Which require a camera and lenses with high "low light" capability
- also, night shoots for landmarks or streets in Egypt.
- which I believe is missing in commons.
- We talk about quality which could not be achieved with my current photography gears.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- first use will be in "Wiki Loves Africa" photowalk. Which will be organized by "Egypt Wikimedians UG" (I'm not member of this group, but I already participated with them in many activity. last activity was photograph WikiArabia conference 2017)
- then it will be used in several photowalks which will be organized by the largest non-profit Photography group in Egypt "Egyptian Photographer". the outcome of these photwalks will be uploaded to commons.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- I will take care of the equipment.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- The equipment will be used by me, for as long as the equipment lasts.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
As a beginning
- Number of photos uploaded: 600 to 900 photos (from 100 to 150 photo per month)
- Number of articles created/improved: 60 (10 per month)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Already have some photography gears which I will use with this camera.
- And I don't receive financial support from any other source.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- :Nikon D750 body: 30,000 EGP (~1,700 USD) (Amazon Link just as a reference, I will buy it from local store)
- :(Due to grant limitation, Lenses will be requested in another grant)
- :Money Transfer fess: (20 USD) (not sure yet of exact amount)
- Total: $1720
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!