Grants:Project/Rapid/samatics/Wikipedia 20 Celebration at Badagry Slave Museum and Black History Museum/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, project goals were met and I am very happy with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of total participants:35||39 people participated||A total of 39 people participated of which 28 are new editors.|
|Number of new participants: 25||28 new editors participated.||28 new editors were added and we are happy with this number|
|Number of people who will help organize the event:5||5 people helped organized the event||The 5 people worked in a coordinated manner with each handling their responsibilities perfectly.|
|Number of articles created or improved (if applicable):50||More than 50 article created or improved||52 articles were created or improved after the event. Some of the articles created or improved are:|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable):100||126 photos uploaded to Wikimedia commons||126 photos were uploaded during and after the event|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): 50||52 Photos were used on Wikimedia projects||52 Photos were added to articles on Wikipedia and Wikidata|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Delegation of task to organizers made the event to be smooth.
- The availability of refreshment made tasks carried out by participant to be fun.
- The ability of the target audience in being able to use smart phones made transition from museum tour to editing easier.
- What did not work so well?
- Too many activities were carried out in one day and this made improving or creating more articles on the same day difficult.
- Grant Funds was received late and this made final preparations a bit difficult.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Few activities will be carried out on same day or spread over two days to allow for more content to be created on Wikimedia projects same day.
- I will add a week more to proposed date of event to make room for delay in receiving grant funds.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|BUDGET FUNDS RECEIVED IN NGN||715,000|
|Item||Unit Cost (NGN)||Quantity||Amount (NGN)|
|Food and refreshment||5,000||40||200,000|
|Router/dongle hardware rental||25,000|
|Data bundle for Internet access||20,000|
|Banner at event centre||30,000|
|Digital banner on social media||20,000|
|Wikipedia 20th Shirt for facilitators and best participants||5,000||6||30,000|
|Wikipedia 20th branded nose mask||500||40||20,000|
|Wikipedia pens and notepads||2,500||40||100,000|
|Transport for facilitators||10,000||5||50,000|
|Boat Ride to Badagry Slave Route||16,000|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- Yes. NGN 4,000 (USD 10.42).
- I would like to use the remaining funds on a new project.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Some of the photos taken at the event: