Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- It was my second Wikimania and it was a very good chance to meet people who we deal with them without see each other and change different and new ideas which make some Initiatives come later. I have wrote a blog post about my personal experience in Wikimania Mexico City 2015.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- New projects and collaborative came from my meetings with community members and WMF staff in Wikimania 2015:
- We agreed on starting the second conference of Arab World, WikiArabia, in Jordan next year.
- Starting the WikiWomen collaborative in the Arab World with Wiki supports women contest or simply Wiki Women, which we are discussing its rules and i already have created its page on Arabic Wikipedia and we will create its page on Meta also to launch it in the next couple of month, supported by a grant (under review) by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Being in the arbitrary panel of Wiki Loves Earth (International jury), by invitation of Antanana, executive director of Wikimedia Ukraine.
- Organizing Wiki Loves Monuments 2015 in Egypt supported by a grant by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- I had a good opportunity to meet people from Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Armenia, Deutschland, Italy, Nebal, Argelia UG, Tunisia UG and other wikipedians from all over the world. we talked about the movement of Arabic Wikipedia and its role in arabic community and how WEP is involved on it and has a great influence in its development. Also, we talked about the translation tool and how it will be an active tool in translation from spanish and english to arabic and vice versa. I exchanged ideas and tutoriales about Arabic Wikipedia, Egypt Wikimedians and WEP in different language. I spoke to some professors about our mission to create our own brochures, as we are dealing usually with students, Wikipedia Edit tools and we can mix between them withen our experience, check here for my own brochure of Editing Wikipedia in arabic. I attended the arabic, education and Wikiwomen meetup to discuss more issues related to Arabic Wikipedia, WEP and the movement of women at Wikimedia projests. Grupo photo of Wikiwomen meetup is here and i'm in the left side at the begginng; Grupo photo of the conference here.
- I had a prsentation about Pitfalls, Protocols and Prior Planning: a Panel on Making the Most of the Education Program with more than 14 Panelists. Group photo here.
- I participated on World café & Hackathon on Learning Patterns with Kacie Harold, with the translation class room as a main topic. Group photo here.
- I asked for a table for Egypt Wikimedians user group and i organized everything about it and i brought more things from Egypt for this table.
- I organized Wiki Loves Pyramids Meetup from Mexico City to the Teotihuacan complex at 7 am on 20 of July, it was like more than 60 persons. Details here and here.
Also, I'm planning to attend Wikimania every year, I'm so sad for no being able to have the opportunity to attend every year. Last year, it was my first Wikimania and i attended as an attendee, but i was thinking about preparing a presentation for this Wikimania and attending as a speaker and i achieved it in 3 parts. I had a separate presentation but wasn't accepted, you can find it here. I was happy to see some people for the first time and to meet people I usually contact on the internet, I had a good chance to talk to Jimmy Wales and take a personal photo with him. I did more than 5 interview about WEP on Egypt, the movement of Arabic Wikipedia and state of Wikipedia from my point of view.
I already have uploaded more than 50 photos here and i'll complete uploading all photos of the conference in the next couple of month, because of the bad internet connection of my country.