Grants:TPS/Afek Ben Chahed/e learning africa 2017
This had been a submission to the Wikimedia Participation Support process, but was withdrawn or otherwise cancelled (not denied).
As Wikimedia TN user Group member,I received an invitation from the organizer team of elearning Africa to present the wikipedia education program. In the presentation I will ː
- explain why editing wikipedia isn't only for art and literature students
- how editing isn't only by writing articles
- present my new project 'wiki club' at universities in Tunisia
- discuss with participants their experiences with the education program
Goal and expected impact
I will talk about the importance of using the Wikipedia Education Program in universities, the experiences of MedinaPedia (Tunis and Dougga) and how scientific students contributed to the success of these projects. I will propose to collaborate between universities from different countries which work in the Education Program, and I would like to take advices from other experiences with this program.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Tunisia to Dubai )
- Accommodation: $185 per night X 4 night.
- per diem : $60 X 4
- I would be grateful if you can take in charge my flights and accommodation bookings as well as the registration and participation fees.
̇̇̆’m looking forward to receiving your answer as soon as possible.
- Support On April 2nd, 2016 Afek invited me to the opening ceremony of a project she did the year before « Establishing a library and a reading room in the school where she studied in her hometown Teboursouk» the following link shows a news paper article that mention her as an initiator of the project also she organized a wikipedia workshop for kids the following photo shows the Workshop done by Our friend and wikipedian Mounir Touzri  and here you can see the facebook page of the opening ceremony  those are my proofs to support her for this e-learning grant as she appears focused on spreading knowledge --IssamBarhoumi (talk) 20:08, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Hassene nostra (talk) 20:18, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Emnamizouni (talk) 20:46, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- Strong support It is beneficial for Wikimedia Tunisia and its project to set up Wikipedia and Wikidata in the Tunisian education. Indeed, Afek is known for her ability to develop new collaborations which is compatible with the orientation of Wikimedia Tn User Group. Also, she is active and very involved in Wikimedia projects so she deserves to represent us in this conference. Sami Mlouhi (talk) 20:50, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support As Afek is a current student, she will be able to become a good Campus Ambassador for the education program. Dyolf77 (talk) 21:16, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support It's a good opportunity for an active member of the Wikimedia TN user group to represent the tunisian community. Zeinebtakouti (talk) 09:22, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support I believe the idea is very interesting because it will help taking innovative education to a whole new level as now in Tunisia we are trying to update our educational system. Besides, the presentation seems to be very rich and will show how much the tunisian community is working hard and doing its past to make a positive change.Houssem Abida (talk)
- Strong support--Youssefbensaad (talk)
- Support She a persevering person Youssef Ben Haj Yahia (talk)
- Strong support this event is a great opportunity to present the wikipedia education program Touzrimounir (talk) 18:50, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
- I am adding my support to this opportunity for Afek to present her work to a regional audience at eLearning Africa. Tighe Flanagan (WMF) (talk) 16:36, 7 July 2017 (UTC)