Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I created a page for Wikimania 2016, sharing my experience with community (shared in Village Pump and mailing list)
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Participated in Pywikibot for Wikidata workshop, where I learned and tested some scripts in http://paws.wmflabs.org/. Workshop was a motivation to work with Pywikibot after Wikimania with Tobias in more advanced scripts, so far we have worked in a script which find and return a list of settlements without geo-location for Albanian Wikipedia.
- Participated in "AutoWikiBrowser localisation" workshop at the Hackathon, with Magioladitis and Arianit, we fixed and translated Albanian patch of AutoWikiBrowser, and created software support page in Albanian Wikipedia (Typos and CheckPage).
- In a meeting with Amir E. Aharoni, I translated in Albanian some parts of VisualEditor (now as Tech Ambassador I continue to translate VisualEditor newsletter and weekly tech newsletter).
- During Wikimania I met Mike Nicolaije, a member of WM Netherlands and WM Belgium, with whom discussed the participation of Albanian Wikipedia in Writing Week on Cultural Heritage. As a result of this meeting, I engaged in organizing and promotion of the project in Albanian Wikipedia (29 June to 12 July 2016). During Writing Week(s) were created 31 new articles and 2 articles were improved, which was very successful for Albanian Wikipedia.
- Wikidata and GLAM intermediate workshop and John Andersson were a big help for us to work on including monuments list of Albania and Kosovo, in Database of Monuments.
This was my first Wikimania and for me it was remarkable. I met with many Wikimedians with whom I had talked in talk pages or emails, but physical meeting with them was the most important part of the whole conference. I met many people with whom I continue to communicate, and hope to cooperate in the future projects. I met Jack Rabah, Tobias Schönberg, John Andersson, Mike Nicolaije, Nikola Kalchev, Marios Magioladitis, Vassia, Amir E. Aharoni, Addis Wang, Gheorghe A. Iordachi, ShangKuan Liang-chih, Venus Lui, Erdem Lamazhapov, Nodir Ataev, Xabier Cañas, Beĥruzbek Oĉilov. Also Greta, Arianit and Lars, with whom I work in several projects in Albanian Wikipedia, and Wikipedians with whom I traveled from Macedonia (Kiril, Toni, Bojan and Snezana).
As local organizer of Wikipedia Asian Month in Albanian Wikipedia i was invited to be part of WAM Introduction Video Clip.
- Introduction of Wikipedia Asian Month video (English)
- Introduction of Wikipedia Asian Month video (Multi Languages)