Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
I shared my experience with other community members at an edit-a-thon we had for Wiki Loves Women. I also shared with them some stickers and souvenirs I took from the Global Village.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
I volunteered and helped User:Satdeep Gill in doing his new project Wikitongues by doing something in my local dialect Twi.
I met User:FloNight who happened to be my mentor for a GLAM project I am working based on discussions we were able to map up strategies for partnership between Wiki Loves Women and Women in Red.User:Flixtey and I also met User:Qgil-WMF and we are hoping to draw a strategy to engage software developers in Ghana to contribute to media wiki and other related software. This talks eventually culminated in the formation of Africa_Wikimedia_Developers group User:Flixtey andI met User:KHarold (WMF) and we held talks on the impending Wiki Indaba we wanted to host.This later culminated in our hosting of Wiki Indaba 2018 in Accra Ghana.
Global South Coalition
- 100wikidays Spiritia, Ijon, Armineaghayan
- User:Satdeep Gill
- User:Nataev was my room mate and we shared a lot of things.
- User:Saileshpat a fellow volunteer on the Education Newsletter.
Training for Refugees
I engaged a couple of refugees in Esino Lario some were keen about Wikipedia so I spoke to my colleague User:Flixtey who in turn worked with User:Pharos in organizing a training and an edit-a-thon for the refugees. I helped a Ghanaian refugee to create an account and make the first edit on Ak Wikipedia Dormaa Ahenkro
I met Tobias and Kelsey Wiens from Creative Commons South Africa and Ryan CEO and we are working on getting an affiliate in Ghana. Our plan is to have a CC saloon at the proposed Wiki Indaba so that Wikimedians from Africa who will be attending can participate.
Wikimania was great experience it was really nice meeting some really cool people from across the Globe behind some known usernames.I enjoyed every bit of the moments I spent there,learnt a lot of new stuffs and understood many things about the community which hitherto I did not understand.