The Wikimedia Participation Support Committee requires more information before accepting this Wikimedia Participation Support report. Please see the report's discussion page for details. To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Shangkuanlc/ACTC2017.
The Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom 2017 (ACTC2017)
I have encountered the academic forum organizing team, include professor Ted O'neil, and local photographer Thaddeus Pope. Many of the participants here are from Taiwan (20 out of total 156 participants) and I met at least a dozen of them, including language learning, most are English as a Foreign Language (EFL) or English as a Second Language (ESL) related scholar, such as the prestigious female linguist Lilian Huang.
- Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I have posted a facebook post in Chinese to thank and announce the workshop was a success after the session.
- New Creation: What was one useful outcome of the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Nichole and I worked on a 90 minutes workshop to demonstrate how Wikimedia can be integrated into classroom. Here is the workshop lesson plan and the playlist of 360° video record of the workshop.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Taipei, Taiwan to Kobe, Japan): USD 447.6
- Accommodation: USD 242.639 per night x 3 nights = USD 727.917
- Total Per Diem: USD 131.83622
- Registration Fee: USD 359.465
- Total: USD 1666.81822
The expense log are in below with the exchange rate 1 JPY to 0.00899 USD & 1 TWD to 0.03318 USD --
- Prepaid expense
- Conference fee: 359.465 USD ( 40,000 JPY )
- Flight ticket: 447.6 USD
- Hotel(estimation): 242.639 USD ( 27,000 JPY ) x 3 = 727.917 USD
- 11 May
- Shuttle bus from Taipei to Taoyuan: 4.14778 USD ( 125 TWD )
- Wifi spot for the 4 days: 30.2759 USD ( 3,369 JPY )
- Shuttle bus from Kansai to Kobe: 17.5239 USD ( 1,950 JPY )
- 12 May
- Breakfast: 19.7706 USD ( 2,200 JPY )
- 13 May
- Breakfast: 5.30211 USD ( 590 JPY )
- Dinner: 17.2543 USD ( 1,920 JPY )
- 14 May
- Breakfast: 3.28012 USD ( 365 JPY )
- Subway from Shin Kobe to Saminoya: 1.88719 USD ( 210 JPY )
- Port Liner from Saminoya to Kobe Airport: 2.96558 USD ( 330 JPY )
- Water Bottle: 0.98853 USD ( 110 JPY )
- High Speed Ferry from Kobe Airport to Kansai Airport: 8.98662 USD ( 1,000 JPY )
- Sweets in Family Mart: 15.6367 USD ( 1,740 JPY )
- Shuttle bus from Taoyuan to Taipei: 3.81596 USD ( 115 TWD )
Amount left over
Totally no, I have left nothing as for the budget. But if we review the budget section by section, then it's the travel and accommodation part are over-budget, the per diem and registration part are under-budget. Since the travel agency of Wikimedia Foundation take care of my travel and accommodation, and I have not got any grant and I am using my money for the conference. I need to be reimbursed with the Total per diem and Registration fee, which is USD 491.30122 . I prefer the currency in New Taiwan Dollar, so that is TWD 14807.
- Other 360° videos I took in the forum on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAJZg1KeYXyF_7wcm7c1OANseVX2dcHin
- Photos I took in the forum on flickr, I will select the appropriate ones and migrate the photos into commons: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shangkuanlc/albums/72157681353828992