Grants:Wikimedia UG Nigeria Grants/Wikimedia User Group Nigeria Community Support Fund/Psalmbusy/2023 Nigeria election 2023 edit a thon
Briefly summarize your project proposal.
In February and March 2023; Nigeria had her election and voted in new leaders. So this project is mainly focused on creating and improving Wikipedia articles for these elected leaders with a focus mainly on elected senators and the House of representatives per Wikipedia notability.
Start date: June 10 End date: July 15
Contact person and Location
Please state the contact details of the contact person(s) for this project including email(s) and location
PsalmDavid Ekpo, Lagos, Nigeria firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline of activities
Please state the timeline of your activities, and include the start and end date for your project
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A edit a thon will be organized which will also double as a capacity building training for 2 days
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Yes; posted on the Wikimedia Nigria talkpages
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Through dedicated Whatsapp groups and social media channels.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:Kaizenify
- We also looking at getting technical supports from the leadership of the Wikimedia UG Nigeria
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, they do but we will still support them with data and conducive conditions.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Create a group tp follow up
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 200
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
How do you plan to track your project metrics? Through outreach dashboard
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hall space - 40,000 x 2days = 80,000
- Refreshments - 1500 X 27 X 2 days = 81,000
- Certificate of participation: 25 x 500 = 12,500
- Internet for the 2days - 20,000
- Sourvenir prizes for the best 3 participants: 40,000
- Miscellaneous = 15,000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!