Briefly summarize your project proposal.
- This project is all about creating awareness through the workshop training in Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery read more. It is advantageously planed to prove the provided solution on one of the most important division of Human Anatomy (Genotype and Blood Group). This problem is one of the common problems in human relation (Marriage and Birth) to thrash out. And the result of failure to understand the aspect has rendered to immense delivery of Sickle child. This project will surely implement incredible and significant potential impacts in our community at large. We will also use this project to create (new articles), expand (adding more contents) and translate (In Hausa Language) more articles related to Genotype and Blood Group in Wikipedia. And the project will strategically sure to align with the Wikimedia Foundation Mission
Contact person and Location
Please state the contact details of the contact person(s) for this project including email(s) and location
- Kaduna state.
Timeline of activities
Please state the timeline of your activities, and include the start and end date for your project
- Start date: 15– July -2023
- End date: 10– August -2023
Choose one or more of the following goals. Feel free to add or delete goals as required by your project.
- recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Am going to do Workshop Training & Create Awareness.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Their have been social media groups we have been using to inform our community members on all wikipedia activitikes. they:
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will notify the school Authority by drafting an official letter with the number of participants we need and let them know the mission and vision of Wikimedia Foundation (Shearing FREE knowledge GLOBALLY).
- After the proposal has been approved, we will request for the WUGN letter headed (If applicable), because it will help us to have official address and good understanding with the school Authority.
- I have good relationship and connection with the Current Principal of Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery because she is one of my mentors, and I have some Students that are current studying in the college and some where Wikipedia editors, I will find it very easy to let the participants know about this project.
- We will use social media platforms to promote the project, create awareness and let the existing editors know about the project
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:Kaizenify
- Yes I have experience editors that will facilitate the project in persons of:
These are my team and all of them are experienced editors. And 2 among five of them have organized several Wikipedia events (Haamzow & Maske Senior) while the other 3 are consistent in participating and facilitating all events related to Wikipedia both ON&OFF-WIKI. I will invite other editors from Hausa Wikimedians User Group to support us in the days of the events. I will take the main part of the events by training the new editors engage them in contributing to Wikipedia after the events rendered.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of the participants that have smart phones will learn how to contribute but I prefer to hire laptops to make it easier for during the events.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will create groups in social media platforms (What’s App & Telegram) to engage the participants after the events in contributing, Help and Support, and Questions and Answers.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I will love this unpretentious User Group (Wikimedia User Group Nigeria) to efficiently rate the strategic endeavors this project will fit in especially in our community when articles related to JENOTYPE and BLOOD GROUP where created, edited and improved through the WUGN approved micro grant. It is my pleasure affect the community positively with this awesome initiation. I was so grateful and super proud of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria (WUGN) when my first project was approved and the staffs patience and in terms of help and support to see my project was successfully done. Thank you Wikimedia User Group Nigeria. Hope this project will be due considered.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
How do you plan to track your project metrics?
I am going to use outreach dashboard to track the project participants’ activities
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Day 1 (Introduction) Time Activities Facilitators 10:00AM - 10:15AM Registration All 10:15AM - 10:25AM Opening remark / Introduction to the main project Umar-askira (Project Lead) 10:30AM >> Introduction to Wikipedia >> What is Wikipedia? >> Brief history of Wikipedia. >> What is Wikipedia User Group (Wikimedia User Group Nigeria (WUGN)? Technical Session 11:30am - 12:50pm How to create a User Account with Wikipedia Umar-askira 12:50PM - 1:15PM Break/prayer time 1:15PM - 1:40PM Refreshment Eeshma Azzat 1:45 - 2:00pm Speech by the Principal to share more lights on Genotype and Blood Group. And motivate the participants with the facilitators to keep being steadfast on our academic line. 2:00PM - 2:10PM Votes of thanks Maske Senior 2:10pm - 2:20pm Closing Remark Umar-askira (Project lead) 2:30pm Closing Prayer From the Participants Day 2 (Hands-on practical) 9:00AM - 9:15AM Registration All Facilitators and participants 9:17am - 9:30am Introduction to Hausa wikipedia Umar-askira 9:30am - 10:00am 10:50PM - 12:45PM Translating articles related to Genotype and Blood Group. 12:45pm - 1:50pm Break/Prayer time, Refreshments Eeshma Azzat 1:50am - 2:00pm Votes of thanks Eeshma Azzat Closing remark Umar-askira Closing Prayer Maske Senior
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and Drinks: 1,500 x 20 (participants) x 2 = N60,000 for 2 days
- Hall: N50,000 for 2 days
- Writing Materials (Jotters & Pens): 350 x 25 = N8,750
- Use of internet (Router subscription: N7500 x 2 = N15,000 for two days
- T-shirts - for facilitators (5) 3500 x 5 = N17,500
- Transportation for 3 facilitators: N15,000
- Standing and Flex Banners: N20,000
- TOTAL : N184,500
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support I Eeshma Azzat Support this project Application
- Strong support Maske Senior
- Strong support Salooh This project to be done in Kaduana State College of Nursing ad Midwifery.
- Strong support Umar-askira (Project Lead) Thanks for your supports my Co-facilitators God Bless you all Ameen!!!