Grants talk:IdeaLab/Create awareness about wikipedia
Next steps to develop your idea
Thanks for submitting your idea, Create awareness about wikipedia, for the New Readers Inspire Campaign. In order to help develop your idea further, we want to ask you to respond to the following questions here on the discussion page. Please refer to this document, which contains examples and resources to help you answer these questions:
- 1. Describe one or two versions of this idea that are smaller than your initial one.
- 2. List three assumptions about your project and why you think those assumptions are true (see the document for some examples).
- 3. List three skills or resources you don’t have, that you need for this project to succeed.
- 4. How can you determine if your project is successful?
Rapid Grant applications due March 15th
Thanks for starting your idea with the New Readers Inspire Campaign. I'm Chris Schilling (User:I JethroBT (WMF)), a community organizer supporting the campaign.
If you think you may need funding for your idea, Rapid Grants are available for ideas submitted during this campaign. Grant applications for ideas related to new readers are due by March 15th, 2018 (23:59 GMT). You can convert your idea into a Rapid Grant proposal by clicking on the Expand into a Rapid Grant button at the bottom of your idea page. Please review the guidelines and criteria before starting your grant application. If you need help completing your grant application, please contact me at cschillingwikimedia.org.
While applications for Rapid Grants can normally be submitted at any time, we have implemented a deadline for ideas on this specific topic. The reason for this deadline is because we plan to develop specific criteria later in 2018 for grant applications related to new readers and awareness-building activities. The applicants and project plans we receive from you in the coming weeks will help us define these guidelines and set expectations for future work in inviting people to use Wikimedia projects generally.
Also, if you do not need funding but would like to discuss other questions or needs for your idea (such as on-wiki volunteers or advising), please feel free to contact me on my talk page or at cschillingwikimedia.org, and we can discuss your needs over e-mail or schedule a time to have a conversation about your needs over Skype / Hangouts / IRC. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:47, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign Rapid Grant applications due today
This is a final reminder that the deadline for Rapid Grant applications for ideas submitted for the New Readers Inspire Campaign are due today (March 15th 2018) by 23:59 GMT. IF you think you need funding for you idea, please review the following instructions:
- If you haven't drafted your Rapid Grant proposal: Click on the Expand into a Rapid Grant button at the bottom of your idea page and fully respond to all the questions. Once you've answered the questions and are ready for your proposal to be formally reviewed, submit your draft proposal and change the
- If you've already drafted your Rapid Grant proposal: Be sure to fully respond to all questions regarding your activities, measures of impact, and budget, and then change the
If you're not sure you know how to change the status of your proposal or aren't sure if you've changed it properly, please contact me at cschillingwikimedia.org or on my talk page and I can make the changes for you. Thanks, User:I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 15:54, 15 March 2018 (UTC)