Grants talk:PEG/WM RS/Wiki Loves Monuments in Serbia - 2013/Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thank you for this report and congrats on reaching all your program goals! We have the following questions/comments:
- Do you have ideas for how we can avoid technical difficulties and loss of photos in the future?
- Please use the Glamorous Tool to calculate how many photos from the competition are being used on wiki projects.
- The report mentions an increase in articles written due to the competition. Were you able to measure this? Do you have a sense of how many articles on cultural monuments were created or improved?
- How many new monuments were covered ("many")?
- What were your strategies to achieve such excellent media coverage? Ideas for doing even better in the future?
- What do you hope stronger partnerships with GLAM institutions will achieve in the context of this type of competition?
- What was included in the "other" budget category?
- Please return the remaining €851.60 to WMF.
Dear Alex thank you for your questions.
- The unexpected circumstances that WMRS couldn’t affect on - internet problems with providers for most of the city, should take into account. However, it would not hurt to have a plan B in these situations. For example, a portable "station" with Internet that could be used as a stand in a certain part of the city. The station will serve as the promotion, and technical support.
- 408 total image usages or 6.91% of it - without any presure for using it.
- We did not track and keep accurate records of the number of the articles before, during and after the competition. But there’s no doubt that the WLM influenced the development of the article on Wikipedia about monuments in Serbian language.
- This kind of statistics weren’t made. This is one of the things that we are going to do during this year.
- Appearing in media is a good advertising. My idea was to promote this project as well as Wikimedia and work on strengthening good relations with both media and potential sponsors.
- GLAM institutions can be a good partner for the exhibition and promotion, which later can be a good step towards a GLAM collaboration.
- refreshments during photo tours and organization of exhibitions, transport tickets and expenses of transport, photos, promotional materials, and such.--MikyM (talk) 11:04, 25 July 2014 (UTC)