Grants talk:Project/Rapid/1Lib1Ref Edit-a-thon Sessions at University of Ilorin/Report
Hello Timmylegend, thanks for submitting this final report! We appreciate all the efforts you have put in organizing the #1Lib1Ref edit-a-thons at the University of Ilorin. I have reviewed your report and have the following comments and questions:
- As discussed over email, please retain the remaining underspend from your grant until it is reallocated to your other projects.
- It is exciting that you have had so many participants! Were all of them students of the university? How many of them retained and continued attending your events? How many individuals in total have been involved in this project?
- Could you please include the Outreach Dashboard link in the report page?
- I like your idea of having an editing ladder to track the progress of participants! How did you create that ladder and what levels did you have?
- I am glad that the participants enjoyed the events and took many photos! Could you please share some of them on the report page as well?
- In the proposal you mentioned that you would conduct a post-event survey. Have you conducted it? Can you share some of the highlights and feedback?
Thanks again for your contributions to the Wikimedia projects! I have accepted your final report and expense documents. This grant will be marked as complete after the remaining funds are settled. Best regards, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 14:23, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
- All of the participants were students of the University of Ilorin.
- We retained about thirty new editors, there were overall sixty participants who participated in the project.
- The dashboard was created for the Wikimedia fan club, University of Ilorin in 2018. It can be accessed here 
- The post event survey was conducted after the last event of the project in February. Most of the participants were excited at the possibility of contributing to Wikipedia, although they stated their desire to be further trained in the various aspects of contributing to Wikipedia and it's sister projects.
The participants wished to know about various opportunities the Wikimedia Foundation and movement offered to volunteers. Some participants expressed some level of frustration in creating new articles on Wikipedia. They also complained about Wikipedia being too text based and little images, graphics or illustrations. Most of the participants stated their desire to contribute to Wikipedia after the events. A WhatsApp group was established to handle questions and challenges from the participants.Timmylegend (talk) 16:09, 15 April 2020 (UTC)