Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Global Open Initiative/Art + Feminism 2020 editathons Ghana
Comments from WMF
Hello Shahadusadik and people at Global Open Initiative, thank you for submitting this comprehensive Rapid Grant request. It’s amazing that you are running projects to close the gender gap on Wikidata. I have reviewed your request and have a few comments and questions.
- When I add up your detailed budget, the total sum equals to 11,875 GHS and not 11,375 GHS. I kindly ask you to fix this discrepancy, update the total budget or change the detailed one.
- Given that one of your goals for this project is to close the gender gap on Wikidata, will you be reaching out to a specific group of people when inviting to your events?
- Hi DSaroyan (WMF), Thank you for the corrections.
- We have corrected the discrepancy for the budget, it now adds up to 11,375 GHS.
- Yes we will be reaching out to specific group of people for each event. The Event at UDS for instance targets students in that University, The event at AITI Kace targets members of the Linux Accra User group and everyone who will be interested in Wikipedia. And the one at Accra Digital Center targets members of the Accra Digital Center Partnership Ecosystem. Our goal is to extend art and feminism and Wikipedia activities to areas where none has ever been organized.Shahadusadik (talk) 18:54, 23 January 2020 (UTC)