Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Icem4k/Wiki Loves Africa Zambia/Report
Hello Icem4k thank you so much for your work on Wiki Loves Africa Zambia. I really enjoyed reading your report. I have a few follow up questions before accepting your report.
- I see in your "what didn't go well" section that you had at least 17 people in attendance over the two days of Feb. 1 and 15. Can you explain why you have listed 4 in the outcomes section in the table?
- In your expense documentation we see that you have one 2000 ZMW receipt for venue and another two for 4000 ZMW each. This makes the total 10,000 ZMW instead of 8000 ZMW as listed in your expense table in the report. Can you please explain the discrepancy?
- Could you provide a link to the photos from the competition? The link to the outcomes page does not exist.
- Lastly, you have remaining funds from this grant. Would you be submitting any new requests this month, since we will not be able to fund the Wikitongues travel as discussed previously. If not, please return the funds to WMF.
- Hi @WJifar (WMF). Thank you for getting back to me.
- No we had 10 at first then the number the number reduced to by 3 for the next event and we had 7 that was for the Edit-a-thon only the number of people in attendance. Why we have 4 in the outcome table that's because that is for the Photo walk that includes myself cause most of the people reported to be busy by that time. But in total we had 22 recruits in total that is the accounts created during the competition and they took part in the competition.
- Well first of all the 4000ZMW price tag is to have the venue for the a full day and the 2000ZMW is for half a day which we used as award ceremony. At first i wanted to have four days half days and so to keep track i had started a small draft on my google drive and also an offline Microsoft word document so that i can keep track and forgot to update form the word document i just got from the google drive which i could only update when i have internet and so on final day and after the purchase for the event venues i didn't update my google doc i just did my word document. On 21 Jan, 2019 i booked the the place for 1 event. After i made some calls i was advised to have at least 3 opening pulse introduction to Wikimedia and the competition the second day an Upload session and last an award ceremony and also half a day wasn't going to work on my favour because time keeping is a big an issue even during the events the time set was 7:30 but people came at 9:30 and we would start at 10:00 which then i came to a conclusion that so on 23 Jan, 2019 I went to book for 2 more days half a day and one full day. Let me forward to you via e-mail the word document where i was doing the updates on cause i was offline and the time i came online i forgot to cross check the numbers I think that was the time i went into panic mode when i was told that the deadline date had passed so with your permission allow me to edit it to the correct figures as i send the word document.
- I have corrected the link.
- I will submitting a new grant request an awareness program this month.
Hello Icem4k , thank you for providing the explanation. I have accepted your expense documentation and final report. Please retain the remaining funds until you submit a project this month and we can reallocate it to the new proposal if that's accepted. Please note until we reallocate the remaining funds this grant will remain open. Looking forward to receiving your awareness grant request and continuing to support the Zambian Wikimedian community. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 17:17, 4 September 2019 (UTC)