Grants:Project/Rapid/Icem4k/Isaac Wikitongues travel
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The goal of this project is to document the languages in Zambia to fulfill the mission of the Wikitongues User Group, which I lead. Our broad goal is to contribute Creative Commons content in every language in the world; to date, we have contributed more than 300 unique language videos. The videos I record will be uploaded to the Wikimedia Commons and used on English and Chichewa Wikipedia. During this project, I will also be recruiting new editors to Wikipedia and new members of our User Group.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- I will be traving to Livingstone, Kazungula and Sesheke recording speaking in their native languages.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Project leader - Isaac Kanguya will doing all the traving and recording of the languages
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- By the end of the Project, I should have recorded upto 10 languages from the three towns I’ll be traveling to: Livingstone, Kazungula and Sesheke. To build community, I will be making online and offline follow-ups with the people who join our User Group and the Wikimedia Movement.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
- Number of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 250
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Accommodation $1,100 for 8nights
- Transportation to Livingstone, Kazungula and Sesheke $600
- Contingency $120
- Total = $1,820.00
- Support I think this will help expand the Zambian wikipedia commuinty. THE ONE PEOPLE (talk) 17:48, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support 🍂 Notanotheramy (talk) 08:55, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support This will help fill a knowledge gap, so I support it, as long as the recordings are all uploaded to Wikimedia Commons under a proper license. Amqui (talk) 13:00, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support Wirjadisastra (talk) 13:49, 18 March 2019 (UTC)