Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for help
Hello Wirjadisastra. I'm Malaysia Wikipedian and committee of Wikimedia Malaysia. I've seen list of scholarship for the event n free ticket (go-return) also stated there. May I know what ticket is that? Is it for public transportation to go to the conference's venue or flight ticket? CyberTroopers (talk) 14:26, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hi @CyberTroopers: the scholarship of WikiNusantara covers all fares related to transportation, including round-trip tickets by plane or train and local public transportation tickets in Indonesia. However, the conference is for Indonesian Wikimedians only. :( But don't worry, Malaysian Wikimedians are eligible to attend ESEAP Conference next year. :) Wirjadisastra (talk) 13:50, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
Could you translate these articles into Javanese over an extended period?
id:Baku Metro/en:Baku Metro
id:Bandar Udara Internasional Heydar Aliyev/en:Heydar Aliyev Airport
id:Daftar bandar udara di Azerbaijan/en:List of airports in Azerbaijan
id:Templat:Bandar udara di Azerbaijan/en:Template:Airports in Azerbaijan
id:Kategori:Bandar udara di Azerbaijan/en:Category:Airports in Azerbaijan
id:Perpustakaan Nasional Azerbaijan/en:National Library of Azerbaijan
id:Hidangan Azerbaijan/en:Azerbaijani cuisine
id:Daftar kode telepon di Azerbaijan/en:Telephone numbers in Azerbaijan
The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support
Hello. You are receiving this message because you kindly helped with affiliates-related translations in the past. The movement needs you again! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help keen translators like you figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome. While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), you can also add others. If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :)
Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 13:19, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
As changes applied for 12 days. --22.214.171.124 02:19, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for your help with the translation to Jawa, truly appreciated. I have provided documentation about how to interpret certain parts of the text: is this not loading for you when you start translating, on the right side of the page? (It may take a few seconds for these indications to show up for each unit.) In any case, <wiki> is supposed to be replaced with the translation of "Javanese Wikipedia", and <number of articles> in your case would be 1,417. Keep up the good work! --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 08:33, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
Hi @Elitre (WMF):, it works well and I'm halfway done. I think I just misunderstood the instructions, but I can revise them later. Yeah, I'm safe here. :) Wirjadisastra (talk) 05:39, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hey! Reading you was such a relief. Would you happen to have a few minutes to also translate the following message? We want to reach out to those people who are familiar with the tool and may have opinions about our initiative. (you can leave <name> as it is.) Again, your help is super appreciated!
- "Hi <name>,
- The Language team is starting a new initiative to expand the use of translation to help the Javanese Wikipedia community and others to grow. Your feedback is very important for us since you have been creating a good number of translations with the Content translation tool.
- Please join the conversation on the Village Pump page or the project talk page, and provide your impressions. Thanks! " --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 10:35, 7 August 2019 (UTC)