Grants talk:Project/Rapid/PH-WC/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in the Philippines
Comments from WMF
Hello Filipinayzd, thank you for submitting this Rapid Grant request. We are glad that the Filipino Wikimedia community is joining the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos contest. I have reviewed your proposal and have the following questions and comments:
- How will you be monitoring and counting the number of images used on the Wikimedia projects per user?
- You have budgeted 994.30 USD for prizes, which is higher from what we allow for this campaign. Please reduce this amount to 500 USD.
- We think that offering 10 prizes for a campaign with 20 participants is also a high number. Could you please reduce this number by half?
- The detailed budget adds up incorrectly. Please fix this after reducing the prize budget.
- Hello Davit,
- The hashtag #WPWP on the edit summary of articles improved will help track the total number of images used on the Wikipedia projects metrics such as the total number of articles improved, and the total number of participants. Regularly monitong the user's contributions can be done manually to count the images used per participant.
- Unlike other local contests being organized by other communities. The Philippine edition of WPWP covers 8 language editions of Wikipedia. At least 1 winner per project is relatively low unlike the usual 3 winners. We can increase the target participants to 100 however it is favoring quantity over quality of contributions which we have seen in the past editing contests. I would prefer increasing the target participants to 100 rather than lowering the prizes if a compromise is possible.
- Thanks for pointing the error in the budget.
- Hello Filipinayzd, thanks for your response. I now understand the logic behind having 8 prizes and confirm that there is no need to reduce this number. Best regards, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 04:58, 22 June 2020 (UTC)
Hello Filipinayzd, thanks again for submitting this grant request. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, we do not allow the prize budget to be higher than 500 USD, so please do not revert this budget. In the meantime, I have also approved your request. Best regards, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 04:48, 24 June 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Davit. We did not receive any updates after it was approved so the project was not implemented. --Filipinayzd (talk) 16:13, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
Request for an extension and changes in budget
Hi @Davit. To maximize the outcomes of the project, may we request for an extension of this project until April 2021. We would also like to make some adjustments in the approved budget to conduct the activities which were not done for several reasons including changes in the planned activities and some internal concerns. The goals of the project remain the same: to improve the quality, reliability, and credibility of Wikipedia articles across Philippine languages; to promote the use of digital media files collected from various photography contests, photowalks locally organized by the PhilWiki Community, on Wikipedia article pages; to recruit of new editors and engage existing editors.
- 1 USD = 50.29 PHP of 14 June 2020 
- Project budget table
|Item||Quantity||Amount (PhP)||Amount (USD)||Summary|
|WPWP Promotion||1||PhP5,000||$99.43||Facebook ads|
|Streamyard subscription||2||2,515||50||We will need this to be able to run live stream sessions|
|Communication||2||2,000||39.77||External phone calls, doing appointments with guests or internet data use|
|Production of localized tutorial and promotional videos||5||5,000||99.43||Technical support from a professional digital editor to produce 5 localized tutorial videos under CC BY-SA license on: How to add images on Wikipedia articles, How to contribute photographs on Wikimedia Commons, How to use the content on Wikipedia and properly attribute them to its contributor; Promotional videos on Wiki Loves Earth Philippines, Wiki Loves Monuments Philippines, and Wiki Loves Love Philippines.|
|WPWP Edit-a-thon||1||5,000||99.43||An offline editing activity to be participated by local vloggers and past participants in WLE, WLM, WLL.|
|Hoody costumized||6||10,000||198.85||Wikipedia branding, to be worn by the actors in the localized tutorial and promotional videos|
|Wikipedia pens||10||9,241.46||183.79||Wikipedia merchandize (shipping fee included) for the winners and volunteers|
|Winners' and jury members' certificates||10||3,000||59.65||Appreciation certificates|
|Courier||12||5,000||99.43||For the certificates, prizes and tokens|
|WPWP Philippines Winners Prizes||8||24,000||477.23||Unique top contributor (PhP3,000; $59.65 each worth gift cards) in:|
|Contingency||1||4,148.11||82.48||Unexpected expenses including 2 additional unique top contributors or wild card winners from any Philippine language editions with relatively more participants than other Philippine language editions, meal coupons for organizing team, guests, jury and volunteers; other unforeseen expenses|
|Percentage Tax and bookkeeping fee||2,651.89 + 2,000||4,651.89||92.50||As a non-profit entity, PhilWiki Community reports its activities quarterly to the Bureau of Internal Revenue thru its bookkeeper|