Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Tuanminh01/Vietnamese Wikipedia Science Contest 2019
Hi, Tuanminh01! Thank you for submitting this rapid grant request. We have received a high volume of requests, which may delay our review. We appreciate your patience and will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Please check this page for additional comments and questions as we review the application and please feel free to reach out to us with questions; we are here to help with a successful grant application! Best regards, LSmith (WMF) (talk) 00:18, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
Comments from WMF
Hello Tuanminh01, I am following up to ask a question on your grant. I understand that you're giving phone recharge cards for prizes. But could you break down your budget a bit more so it's clearer how many prizes there are. Think of the following questions:
- Does each prize winner get the same phone re-charge card? Is the amount the same for all 8 winners?
- Are you planning to give eight for each month? Is that what you mean for each contest?
- How much are the re-charge cards?
- Here our detailed budget on prizes
- Prize #1 1.200.000 vnd
- Prize #2 1.000.000 vnd
- Prize #3 900.000 vnd
- Prize #4 800.000 vnd
- Prize #5 700.000 vnd
- Prize #6 600.000 vnd
- Prize #7 500.000 vnd
- Prize #8 300.000 vnd
A1: At the end of each contest, each prize winner will have their preferable phone cards that they can use. I ask them to tell me which telephone company they prefer, then I buy the appropriate cards.
A2: Yes, 8 prizes are given for each month, detailed above
A3: Detailed price for each prize above.
Additional comments from WMF
Hi, Tuanminh01, I hope you are well! I just reviewed and accepted your report for this grant last year. In it, I noticed that you struggled to recruit new editors and, overall, had fewer participants than anticipated. I have a few questions about this year's grant:
- Are you doing anything differently this year to try to recruit new editors, or are you only focused on existing editors?
- Are you doing anything differently this year to try to engage and interest existing editors so that you meet your participation goals?
- Thanks LSmith (WMF). Yes, I will do better this year by put it in the local SiteNotice and Facebook group earlier in advance (2-3 weeks prior). I consider put advert on Facebook media, but the advert price is higher than expected, so I don't. I hope that can imcrease the number of new editors joining our contest. Regards, Tuanminh01 (talk) 09:27, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thank WJifar (WMF) and Rapid Grant team for your support. Regards, Tuanminh01 (talk) 02:14, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
Request to postpone the grants for December and the months after that until prizes of past months have been paid
@WJifar (WMF), LSmith (WMF) and relating parties: The prizes of September and October haven't been paid, because judge Tuanminh01 hasn't (or want to?) scored the points of another judge (ThiênĐế98). Although ThiênĐế98 has asked repeatedly, Tuanminh01 hasn't given satisfying answers yet, and now he ignores it, doesn't answer anymore. So I request you to postpone giving out the grant of this month, or give it to ThiênĐế98 because I suspect there's a misuse of grants here. Khủng Long (talk) 19:32, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Tuanminh01, could you please respond to this inquiry? Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 21:31, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
- @WJifar (WMF) and Khủng Long:Yep, I am in process of doing that. It's quite a lot of work (buying cards, and typing out the numbers) since I have job to do as well in real life. I think in December I will finish it. Thanks. Tuanminh01 (talk) 07:55, 9 December 2019 (UTC)