Grants:Project/Rapid/Tuanminh01/Vietnamese Wikipedia Science Contest 2019
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
- Attract new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on writing and improving articles about extended sciences: mathematics, physics, biology, medicine and astronomy, and some more branches can be added later. The reason is that in Vietnamese wikipedia, these articles attract little interest; the created and often edited articles are mostly about history, Vietnam war, films, and actors/actresses.
- Last year's contest months were successful. So we want to do it again.
- We will organize six contest months - April, June, August, September, October and December 2019
2. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We use Fountain to keep track of the score.
- Scoring system: one point will be given for each new article on these specified branches of science. The minimum requirement is 2000 bytes and 250 words, excluding templates and references.
- Prizes will be given to the top eight scorers. Prizes are phone recharge cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
3. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This would be our community's fourth contest rapid grant from WMF.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 30 each month
- Number of articles created or improved: 500/month * 6 = 3000 articles (estimated from the result of the previous contest in 2018)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Tuanminh01 - organizer, will create contest pages, check scores, purchase and give prizes
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed: 1568 USD for prizes - with 8 prizes for each contest.
How will you let others in your community know about your project? Why are you targeting a specific audience? How will you engage the community you’re aiming to serve at various points during your project? Community input and participation helps make projects successful.
- The contest will be announced 2-4 weeks in advance in Sitenotice, Village pump and Facebook page.
- We will ask editors who are working in universities to promote it to their students.
Do you think this project should be selected for a Grant Rapid? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project below! (Other constructive feedback is welcome on the discussion page).
- I fully support and will participate in this project. Bluetpp (talk) 16:35, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- A good project. Thảo nguyên xanh sữa mát lành (talk) 07:50, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support.-ThiênĐế98 (talk) 15:19, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
- A good idea for Vietnamese Wikipedia. —Justice,ScienceandFree (talk) 10:41, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support: it's a good project to create more science articles in Vietnamese. Fattrien (talk) 16:13, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Good project. I wanna participate it. Cha Rồng (talk) 14:18, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support: Very need this project. Ngomanh123 (talk) 07:08, 12 February 2019 (UTC).
- Support the campaign! 𝖇𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖍 07:22, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support Thánh Thiện TALK_KH 08:17, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support Vdongold (talk) 13:31, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support and support.Thanhdien8421 (talk) 14:25, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Good idea. Support Lengkeng91 (talk) 12:06, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
- I support this project because it increases user enthusiasm to Vietnamese Wikipedia. Minhngoc25a (talk) 15:29, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
- I fully support and will participate in this project. Tttrung (talk) 04:48, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
- Because the goal of Internet-based encyclopedia Wikipedia (www.wikipedia.org) is to give everyone on the planet access to information. My beloved Vietnamese people are not exception. Sometimes, I want to search and read some articles to complete my project but some academic definitions which are written in English take me a lot of time to find out that what it means. So I support this project so that Wikipedia Tiếng Việt can attract more people who are experts or students contribute and share their knowledge to everyone in my country. Mongrangvebet (talk) 16:13, 31 March 2019 (UTC)
- Une bonne idée pour Wikipédia vietnamien. Le-cerveau-gelé (talk) 13:57, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Tôi ủng hộ các nỗ lực cá nhân trong chia sẻ tri thức khoa học đến với thế giới. Chúng tôi đã ghi nhận bạn như một xúc tác để có động lực xây dựng Wikepedia. (talk)