Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia UG Nigeria(WUGN)/Wikimedia Radio and TV Program Grant/Report
Comments from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hi Olaniyan Olushola, and thanks for this report on the outcomes of the radio program Time Out with Wikipedia! I just want to share that I've been able to listen to some of the broadcasts you have done so far this year, and I've really enjoyed learning about different contributors and events happening in our movement. (As I write this review, I'm listening to your interview with Alangi derick.) Thanks very much to you and your crew for your work. Here are my comments and questions:
- It's good to see that you were able to recruit five new editors based on the your work with this program. I'm curious about how these individuals were recruited-- did they call into the show? Were they guests during one of the programs? How did these editors come to learn about the radio show?
- Were there topics you wanted to discuss on the show or individuals you wanted to interview, but couldn't? If you were to continue this program, what sort of topics would you consider covering?
- Have you gotten any feedback on your show from guests, listeners, or contributors in the movement?
- We've sent some questions around documentation of expenses that we've sent over e-mail; please monitor that discussion in case we have additional questions.
Reply from Olaniyan Olushola
Hi @I JethroBT (WMF):, thank you for your comments. See below my reply:
- It was part of broadcasting norms for presenter(s) to announce their phone numbers for listeners that might want to talk with them after the programs. Many of these editors contacted us through this means after the program to express their wiliness to join the group.
- Yes, there are topics that we will like to cover that we couldn't cover eg Teaching the basis of Wikipedia , Interview session for Nigerian Readers and contributors to hear their view about the project.
- Yes, we have gotten feedback from some of the listeners . Some of them comp,lain about the sound quality, while a lot of them are excited about being able to talk with us. We are working on improving on our shortcomings.
- Yes We have attended to the question on documentation of expenses. We will surely monitor the discussion for further questions. Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 22:43, 19 July 2017 (UTC)