Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Art and Feminism 2020 in Cameroon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Which specific location in Cameroon will the event take place in?
I understand the event will take place in Cameroon and also 5 days. The proposed grant request should mention which place(s) in Cameroon will the event be hosted, in order to better the calculations that have to do with transportation.
In addition, is this event going to give priority to women or will it be a mixed gender event?
--X-Savitar (talk) 08:17, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for your question X-Savitar. This session will be held in Yaounde. Priority will be given to women (around 80%). Thanks Geugeor (talk) 07:48, 21 February 2020 (UTC)
Comments from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hello geugeor and Eugene233, thanks for your proposal for Art+Feminism 2020 in Cameroon. Here are my comments and questions:
- Thank you for working to secure this partnership with the Caysti Association. It's great to see they will be supporting this project through its venue, by inviting participants, as well as providing some communication needs for these events.
- What sort of projects or tools might be focused on during the programming activities in this event? What goals do you have related to programming at this event?
- Similar to my comments on Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Cameroon, Rapid Grants cannot be used to provide compensation for people's time related to graphic design services, so please remove the budget item for Conception : 50 000 Cfa F.
- The number of prizes (24-- 12 T-shirts, 12 mugs) is too high given that the expected participation is between 20-30 people. Please reduce this to a total of 10 prizes of your choosing (for example, 5 mugs, 5 T-shirts).
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 22:14, 24 February 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks very much I JethroBT (WMF) for your thoughts. Concerning the question about the project which will be conceived during this event, we intend to conceive a project around Wikidata which community volunteers can use to translate Wikidata labels in their local languages. This will help participants discover some of the tools and technologies used in Wikimedia movement like the programming languages, coding conventions, tools development and hosting etc. A more detail proposal for this project will definitely come up after conception. Also, the amount for the prizes have been modified accordingly. Eugene233 (talk) 04:00, 25 February 2020 (UTC)