Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Art and Feminism 2020 in Cameroon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Establish a local partnership with the Caysti association related to Wiki Loves Women
- Set up a Wiki club to strengthen the promotion of the development of Wikimedia projects in the medium term
- Recruit new editors
- Train in the discovery of Wikipedia and its sister projects and especially in programming in the Wikimedia environment
- Motivate participants and set up programming projects for the Wikimedia environment
- Work to support participants in the future through new projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- During one week, the participants will be trained in the discovery of Wikipedia and its sister projects and in programming in the Wikimedia environment (for 2 days).
- Then 2 groups will be formed: 1 to contribute to Wikipedia and WikiCommons and 1 other for programming (for 3 days).
- The best participants will receive prizes as a motivator.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The information will be published on the platforms of Art and Feminism, of the Caysti association, as well as on those of our User Group (twitter and Facebook)
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Geugeor (Douala) experienced in Wikipedia
- Eugene233 (Based in Yaounde) experienced in Wikidata and Media Wiki
- Ingrid twinsy (Yaounde) Trainer assistant : Wikipedia and programming, member of the User Group
- Arielle Kitio (Based in Yaounde), Head of the Caysti association, developer
- Luc Mbogne (Based in Yaounde), Member of the Caysti association, developer
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Each participant will have a laptop. Many will have knowledge of programming, blogging, ...
- The supervisors will be there to accompany them throughout the session
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We want to award the best programming projects and also the best contributors; a wiki club will be set up to support better programming projects and strengthen the skills of all participants in the medium term
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 1 (5 days)
- Number of participants : More than twenty (15x2 = 30 participants)
- Number of new editors : More than twenty
- Number of articles created or improved : More than twenty
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The Caysti association will provide its training center and recruit the majority of participants
- Some books bought in the past
- User Group video projector
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transport to Yaounde + taxi : 15 000 Cfa F + 6000 Cfa F = 21 000 Cfa F
- Accommodation during session (1 person) : 18 000 Cfa F x 6 = 108 000 Cfa F
- Polos for trainers : 6000 Cfa F x 5 = 30 000 Cfa F
- T-shirts for best participants : 4000 Cfa F x 5 = 20 000 Cfa F
- Stickers for participants : 150 x 200 cfa F = 30 000 Cfa F
- Coffee Cups for best participants : 4000 Cfa F x 5 = 20 000 Cfa F
- Transportation for trainers during session : 10 000 Cfa F x 5 x 5 = 250 000 Cfa F
- Aperitifs during session (35 persons)(water, peanuts, juices, sandwiches, croissants,...) : 87 500 Cfa F x 5 = 437 500 Cfa F
- Internet connection : 30 000 Cfa F x 5 = 150 000 Cfa F
- Total : 1 066 500 Cfa F
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Endorsing on behalf of Art+Feminism, but would please request a clarification "Conception" in the budget. --Kiraface (talk) 22:33, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support We have a good collaboration with Cameroon User Group during InterWiki Women. Armineaghayan ArmAg 17:12, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
- Volunteer Anyway possible 18.104.22.168 02:08, 22 March 2020 (UTC)