Questions about your Request
Thank you for submitting this request. We have a couple of questions for you:
(1) Has your talk been accepted?
(2) For a project focused on third party applications of MediaWiki, it's important--for the purposes of this grant program--to demonstrate a clear tie back to the core Wikimedia projects. We think you've done a good job of that, but can you confirm that this reflects the intended impact of your request?
- support MediaWiki users in representing content from third party applications in core Wikimedia projects
- support MediaWiki users in making technical contributions to improve MediaWiki software
- train new users in MediaWiki, which improves general literacy in the software, potentially increasing chances that they’ll contribute to core
We look forward to your feedback!
- Yes, to your three sub-points on (2). I've also started this IdeaLab project which I think will help on the third point. Since you mention it, I think fleshing that idea out more will help wit this even if it isn't funded as an IdeaLab project.
- I haven't yet proposed my talk. I will do that now and let you know when it has been accepted.
- --☠MarkAHershberger☢(talk)☣ 18:36, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your follow-up remarks, @MarkAHershberger:. We like your proposal and we intend to fund your request, contingent on your talk being accepted. Do you have any idea when you will receive confirmation about whether your talk has been accepted? Please ping us when you do! Warm regards, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 16:16, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
- Past Tuesday evening the SMWCon Fall 2015 organization committee liaised and thus I can now officially confirm that Mark's proposed talk has now officially been accepted. The preparation and documentation will be done on the respective page at smw.o. We are very happy about this proposal and indeed look forward to having Mark as a contributor at the conference! --Karsten Hoffmeyer (Co Program Chair of SMWCon Fall 2015) 13:59, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
@MarkAHershberger: We are happy to approve your request for funding. We will reach out to you via email to make arrangements for issuing your grant agreement. Thank you for your work to support Wikimedia projects!
Hello @MarkAHershberger: Did you receive the email we sent to you last week? It was an email we had on file for you but not sure if it is still a valid email address. If you did not receive it, please email us at grantsadminwikimedia.org, so that we may proceed with issuing your grant agreement. If you did receive it, kindly let us know either here or via email. -- Thank you, Jtud (WMF) (talk) 18:54, 12 August 2015 (UTC)