Grants talk:TPS/Stalinjeet/ World Punjabi Conference 2017
Questions about your request
Thank you for your request. It sounds like you are a very active volunteer in the Wikimedia movement. Thank you for all your contributions!
Before I make a decision about this request, I have some questions about your plan:
- Can you please send us evidence that your talk has been accepted by the conference organizers?
- Can you please add a more detailed plan in reference to how you expect to add new editors of Punjabi Wikipedia from Canada? Will you host an editathon as part of your participation in this event? If not, what training support will you offer people who express interest in getting involved as new editors?
- If you are successful in creating new editors, what is your follow-up plan to help people get the support they need after the event is over? For example, do you have a social media account where people can reach you to ask questions? Is there a form of support for new editors on Punjabi Wikipedia that you can especially highlight?
Lastly, I want to point out to you that the article on Canada on English Wikipedia only lists English and French as official languages. Punjabi is listed as a large unofficial language, but not as the third official language, as you have indicated in your report. I thought I would point this out to you, in case either you are mistaken about its official status, or you have a source you could use to correct the Wikipedia article. Here is the Languages section of that article:
Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Hi again, Stalinjeet,
- We cannot proceed with review of your proposal until we receive a reply to the questions posted.
- If we do not hear from you by next Thursday, June 15, we will decline your request.
- Please contact us if you would like to proceed.