Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Jagseer S Sidhu
- Wikipedia username
- Jagseer S Sidhu
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
I've started working on Wiki with Project Tiger 1.0 that time i was not aware of editing Wiki but in spite of being new user i had made 38 articles in PT 1.0 as User:Jagseer01 (Now username has been changed)
Currently i am working as a full time Wikimedian-in-residence at SEABA International Public School, Lehragaga, Punjab where i am working with the school staff and teachers to develop an understanding of Wikimedia projects and also assist them in contributing to various projects. My work at SEABA can be found here
- Punjabi Wikipedia (4000+)
- Wikidata (1200+)
- Punjabi Wikisource 300+)
- Commons 250
- Global edits (6000+)
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
- I need chromebook because I don't have any laptop. I have done all my Wiki work on Desktop Computer and mobile.
- I need Internet because my daily mobile data is not sufficient for me to manage my professional work as well as Wiki work.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- In future am going to arrange Edit-a-thon(s) in school and my main focus is to develop readership on Wikipedia.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support--*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 14:08, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support----Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 15:18, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ninder Brar Faridkot (talk) 01:26, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- SupportDugal harpreet (talk) 11:46, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support ਲਵਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੱਧੂ ਗੱਲਬਾਤ 19:00, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support- Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 21:20, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 16:33, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Rajeeb (talk) 16:06, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Naga sai sravanth (talk) 14:58, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Jagseer is doing a lot of community work by being a Wikimedian-in-Residence in a school. I remember having a conversation with him about how lack infrastructure has been hindering his efforts. This support will help him to do more. KCVelaga (talk) 07:21, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Nirmal Brar Faridkot (talk) 06:53, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Stalinjeet Brar (talk) 13:24, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Gurlal Maan (talk) 18:12, 14 September 2019 (UTC)