Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/শরদিন্দু ভট্টাচার্য্য
- Wikipedia username
- শরদিন্দু ভট্টাচার্য্য
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Bengali wikipedia , wikicommons
- Contribution "ভারতে ৭০তম সাধারণতন্ত্র এডিটাথন" (editathon on Indian independence), "বরাকের বাংলা ভাষা আন্দোলন এডিটাথন" (editathon on Barak valley Bengali language movement), bangladesh wikimedia organised "বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়া নিবন্ধ প্রতিযোগীতা ২০১৯" (Bangla wikipedia article creating competition 2019)
- Articles on 53 indian districts, 61 places, 20 hinduism related articles and more.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
I work in both android mobile, which is not supportable always. As I work mainly on articles, Chromebook will be of immense help to me to work with. Also to participate in the training programs, I can carry it with me easily. Portable internet connection will also help me in this regard. I use my cellular data to edit, which expensive and always not possible.
Do you have a working laptop?
I have no working laptop.
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger?
No, I had not received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger.
How will you use this in the next six months?
I work with Wiki on daily basis. In the next six months I want to edit and create articles on the Indian states other than West Bengal in Bengali wikipedia. I want to elaborate Bengali articles which are already exists. I will contribute more if I can carry it with me everywhere with an internet connection. Also I will be able to guide new contributors at different places.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support - Das 08:04, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Bnwiki doesn't have many active wikipedian but he is an active user. Created some quality articles on bnwiki. This will help him to increase his contribution (i know that from mobile it is very difficult to contribute) & bnwiki also get benefit from this. --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 20:45, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support He is very active Wikipedian. ---Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 17:51, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support per Aftab. Mahir256 (talk) 05:06, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support —Rajeeb (talk) 17:47, 13 September 2019 (UTC)