Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Rohini
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Contributions to Wikipedia (English, Marathi); Wikidata
- Photos and slide decks contributed to Wikimedia Commons. Translations and adding meta-data to images.
- Co-grantee: Community toolkit for greater diversity -- 
- Member of Simple Annual Plan Grants Committee (2017-present)
- Former Wikipedian-in-Residence (pilot project)
- Former Chairperson of Gender gap SIG in India (2013-'14)
- Speaker at 2015, 2016 and 2018 Wikimania and other Wikimedia events
- Member, Diversity and Inclusion Team, WikiConference India, 2016 (The team drafted a Code of Conduct, Friendly Space Policy, Guidelines for selection of speakers and scholarship recipients, and a complaint resolution mechanism.)
- Member, Incident Response Team, WikiConference India, 2016
- Details about all my significant contributions on-wiki and off-wiki:
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
I live in a semi-rural area where there is still no reliable broadband Internet service provider. A few local ISPs exist but they are extremely unreliable and undergo frequent unplanned downtime. Additionally, power outages affect network connectivity. I rely on my mobile data connection for all my Wikimedia activities listed in the "Your Contribution" section and here. However, mobile Internet tariffs are significantly higher than those for wired broadband. I am requesting a stipend so that I can offset my Internet access costs at home.
Full disclosure: I had applied for and received Internet stipends in the previous round of Project Tiger.
How will you use this in the next six months?
I would use the stipend to access the Internet for all my activities mentioned in the "Your Contribution" section above.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Rohini is a passionate Wikimedian who has been contributing to Wikimedia movement for several years. I believe that she should be supported with hardware and internet so that she can continue her impactful work related to gender, Indian languages and diversity. --Netha Hussain (talk) 11:15, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support I've known Rohini to be a very committed and competent contributor over the last few years. Her credentials in improving the gender gap are significant and it is my opinion that she rightly deserves this grant to continue her work that has had quite an impact till now. ----Rsrikanth05 (talk) 15:18, 6 September 2019 (UTC)